Midi loop issue

Hey all. I’ve been using octatrack for a year and I’m just now getting around to looping midi back into octatrack. I am also relying on the octatrack “keyboard” to save space. My setup goes octatrack to midi through box, splits off to ms-20, the other thru to deepmind 12, then Roland se-02, then Roland jx-03, and then back in to octatrack. The issue I have run into is that while playing the external synths in chromatic mode, the octatrack sequencer is receiving a “start” message while playing the keys. Any tips?

Why is your midi signal routed back into the octatrack?

Besides that, I don t have an OT but other elektron boxes have settings for ignoring external midi input by type.

If you want to play audio tracks samples chromatically, send C5-C7 notes only.

Other notes control other things.

Check your midi channels.

The midi signal is routed back in so I can achieve the midi learn function. So knob movements on external synths can be received by octatrack.

I’m trying to play external synths using the trig pads on the octatrack. The octatrack was signaled to start the sequencer as well as move to the next track when I was jamming midi mode. Are you saying the only way to avoid sending these messages is by using an external keyboard?

As I understand it, your issue isn’t to avoid sending note messages (you need them here), but receiving them and that can be switched off in the settings/midi/control menu

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll try changing the settings tonight.