MIDI learn mapping in Ableton

Hi!
I’ve recently become enamored with the ability to sequence synths in ableton using the octatrack, but I’m having a hard time with mapping the octatrack knobs to things in Ableton. When I press the MIDI learn button in ableton and everything goes blue, I start twisting knobs and nothing seems to work.

Has anybody had any success with this in particular?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Choose a midi track and assign a midi channel (double tap Playback Note on Mk1 / SRC Note on Mk2, use encoder to dial in a midi channel and press the encoder to confirm).

Then you just have to activate the knobs in CTRL1 and CTRL2 (press encoders to activate). You don’t have to change the midi cc#.
If the midi in port of your midi interface is activated for note and cc messages in Ableton Lives preferences (Track is for midi notes, Sync is for clock and start/stop messages and Remote is for midi cc and pc) it should work…

1 Like

Soooo it’s possible to MIDI map the Octatrack crossfader to the Ableton crossfader?

Sure. Crossfader sends CC48. You’ll probaply have to set ‘Audio CC Out’ to ‘int+ext’ in order to have the crossfader output midi cc.
Go to Project menu -> Midi -> Control.

You’ll only get midi resolution (0-127), though.

1 Like