Midi implementation

hey guys and gals.
after checking the forum the manual and internet i did not find exact answers so im hoping to find help here.
_
is it possible to map the 4 LVL knobs of TRK 1-4 to knobs on the controller so u have immediate access to all 4 of them?
_
is it possible to map all 4 filter of TRK 1-4 to different knobs?

etc. etc. :smiley:

in the appendix of the manual i found that it states just one CC for eg. “filterfrequencie”-> “CC 18”

does that mean i turn the dedicated knob on the midi controller and all filtersettings change? or… ?

ps:im about to buy a novation remote sl 25 thats why i ask

is this all adaptable to analog rytm?

I don’t own an Analog Four, but the manual (page D-5) says that amp volume has MIDI Control Change 7 assigned to it Edit: although not yet listed in the manual, OS 1.06 introduced CC 95 to control Track Level (thanks to avantronica, below, for the reminder).

For this and for other parameters, like the filter 1 frequency (coarse value = CC 18) that you mentioned, if you assign different MIDI channels to the different tracks then a controller can address each parameter individually.

The same is applicable to the AR.

1 Like

You also need to pay attention to what midi channel you are sending.

The default settings of the A4 are…

track 1 is on midi channel 1, CC 7
track 2 is on midi channel 2, CC 7
track 3 is on midi channel 3, CC 7
track 4 is on midi channel 4, CC 7
FX track is on midi channel 5
CV track is on midi channel 6
Perf section is on midi channel 8
The common/auto track (whatever track the machine is currently active on) is midi channel 9

I hope that helps. good luck programming.

1 Like

It’s CC95 for the Track Levels which is what the OP sorta asked for … so yeah, it’s all possible when you get the midi channel assignments right - all easy on the Novation to set up

2 Likes

that sounds great.
thanks mates!

Hi Man, I need to map the A4 and I just bought the Beat Step Pro is it possible to map the Performances from the A4 on the BSP?

If you can set Control Changes, yes.
Check Appendix D (midi) of manual for values.

What about assign separately the performances?

I just mapped one performance to one knobs…that’s cool

Midi Channel 8
MIDI CC 8
Value 0 - 127

I have some more performances to map how do I map them on different knobs?

Just set another BSP knob to corresponding CC.

1 Like

Thanks Man your are saving me, I get it!!
Cool the performances are done, I trying to map the Mute too from the A4 to the BSP
The CC is 94 and the channels should be Track 1 midi channel 1 and so on until track 4 but now I have the Rytm that is muting together on which channel the A4 mute should be?

What about the Arpeggiator is possible to map it?

Cheers Man!!!

I would like to use the reload function too on the BSP

No/ Reload + Kit

Cheers Man!!
Thank’s!

Saddly not, nor reload. Everything available is in the midi appendix.

Concerning mutes and individual tracks control, A4 and AR channels have to be different. Limited to 16, so choices needed to sacrifice some tracks if you want to use perf channel and / or auto channel.

1 Like

Sure I Understood, I got all 15 midi channels busy now, what Inwas looking for to do that’s amazing
So I have to write to the ELEKTRON’S we need this features too

What about the looper and roller?

I edit the sounds inside the ELEKTRON’S not on the BSP and I don’t have the roller and looper doing anything on the Elektron
If I go on sequencers I can see the looper and roller working but there is no editing in the BSP is it for this why in not working on the ELEKTRON’S?

Which feature?
Which looper?
Roller?

1 Like

I mean to reload a kit from the BSP
And using the Arpeggiator always from the BSP they haven’t put this controls to be mapped,

The roller and looper I understood
That if I don’t edit from the BSP it won’t work

Hi Man, I have just got my MacBook back from the repairs Center, they backed up everything even the BSP midi cc on my elektrons, I need your help Please!
on the A4 it looks that nothing is happening after I do Store To from the BSP
The AR is okay the midi mapping is back as it was before but on the A4 nothing

To Mute function I have selected
Mode - CC
Play Mode - Toggle
Midi Channel - 13 (becouse until 12 are for the AR)
Midi CC - 94
Midi Ports - Midi
Value 0 - 127

Many Thanks :pray:t2:
Cheers Man

Hi Man, I got an Xiosynth by novation with the editor do you have than mapped your novation with the elektrons? I would like to know if is it possible?