Midi controller with macro’s

Dear Elektronauts,

I am looking at a MIDI Controller for my Digitone, Digitakt and perhaps the A4. The A4 has these nice performance knobs where I can set up to 5 different parameter changes.

Does anyone of you know if there is a MIDI Controller that let me add multiple CC Parameters to one knob just like the Performance knobs on the A4.

I want them to function exactly the same, so I can set like a knob for example the frequency cut off +20 and resonance +15 for the Digitone. So if I rotate the knob fully the Cut Off will be +20 and the resonance +15.

I don’t use a daw or a computer. I use only the hardware. So it would be a desire to program it in the controller itself and not in a software. It would be nice to easily change the settings.

Thnx in advance!

From the top of my head I don’t know any controller which can do that (at least not in a versatile way). There are some out there, but they aren’t cheap and most have stupid restrictions (like only two CCs on one control).

A much better and flexible solution is to use a MIDI processor to translate single MIDI events into something completely different.

2 Likes

I had a Bitstream B3x that have that option. You can link several knobs with min max values.
Software needed to configure.

You can also use midi processors in addition to any controller to make your own macros.

@guga’s Goliath is made for that.
I want a percentage. :smile:

2 Likes

I guess @mzero uses a PiSound for that, maybe he could give some advice. I’m interested too. :slight_smile:

Goliath has midi learn. The simpliest solution imho.

1 Like

i use Axoloti for that.
btw, Goliath looks interesting. never knew about it before.

Axoloti seems great too ! You can do a lot of things with it. Computer needed I guess.

I want all midi processors! (I have already 5).

A midi controller with variables can also be programmed once, and listen certain messages to set it.

computer is needed for making patches.
but then Axoloti can run patches standalone. (switching standalone patches is possible too.)

1 Like

Midi designer pro on iOS can do this but it’s probably not what you want ( not cheap , not tactile ,)

You could possibly run a normal controller into iPad / mpd2 to drive it , very convoluted though. But the software is very configurable

I’d look at Goliath to start with .

1 Like

This one sounds solid! At the moment out of stock! I will keep my eye out on that one!

Also will take a look at this one. Thnx guys!

1 Like

:laughing:

it should be back in stock hopefully soon :crossed_fingers: :smiley: