Midi and Audio Routing

I currently have two Digitones and a Digitakt. Current midi runs from Keystep to Takt to Tone to Tone. Audio runs in reverse and then to studio monitors.

I am adding the Octatrack.

I was thinking of routing midi in same manner, but put Octatrack between Keystep and Takt. For audio routing one Takt/Tone combo into A of Octatrack and one Tone into B.

Any thoughts on this?

I am specifically adding Octatrack for mixing, fx, sampling, and looping.

DT = DigitakT
DN = DigitoNe

Yes. OT master for sampling.
If you want KS to pass thru OT midi out even in audio track mode, you need to set a midi track with same channel as KS.

I guess you meant into AB and CD.

Maybe I’d choose DN in DN for CD inputs, unless you want to apply different fx for one DN.

I ran audio as you suggested. For midi routing I kept Keystep to DT to DN to DN to OT. I will use DT as main clock, muting on DNs.

Anything I’m missing here?

1 Like

If so you cant record perfect loops with OT, they may be recorded with slight tempo differences. With OT master, loops are recorded at defined tempo.

If it doesn’t bother you…

In that case, I will probably revert to my first idea. Keystep to OT to DT to DN to DN. Use OT for main clock. I have DT doing pattern mutes on DNs. Any other suggestions?

I plan on only using the Keystep while setting up the DNs, then would not use once everything is set up for performance.

I am considering setting the OT up with the following for Tracks:
1-AB
2-Neighbor AB
3-CD
4-Neighbor CD
5-Sampling
6-Loop AB
7-Loop CD
8-Master

What about using the OT auto channel for Keystep, set DT auto channel and then control the 8 DT tracks, 4 DN midi and 4 DN midi with 8 DT midi?

@clintcase Why not. Too much gear !