Midi 2.0

If only Elektron would participate on MIDI 2.0 with Overbridge 2.0…

But the evolution of the next gen. MIDI standard is more painfully slower than Overbridge did so far…

MIDI 2.0 announced

hah I was just about to share this link … It’s good news I think, apparently there will be some demos at NAMM

A B O U T F R I C K N T I M E :+1:

everyone could use more bandwidth

interesting news and showing that the MIDI protocol is somehow moving forward with new features and possiblities. good that there’s also the intent of keeping backward compatibility. looking forward to what all this will bring :smiley:

tried reading up on the new features with midi 2.0. The big advantages (to me) seem to be higher resolution in cc’s. It seems the bidirectional communication is nice, but it takes up too many actual midi I/Os for me to actually use it in a larger setup…? Has anyone spotted big potential/features elsewhere? I may have overlooked some opportunities. Anyhow, the development looks solid and they seem to have thought it through!

there’s some videos in here :arrow_down: … but generally speaking it’s what can be built on top of MIDI 2.0 and not MIDI 2.0 itself that is interesting/exciting … also the fact that someone out there is trying to make it better :slight_smile: