Micromonsta

There isn’t any further detail on the FB post. I hope for the same form factor! Love the design and compactness of my MM. would be nice to have mutitimbrality if possible in the new one…

Same form, multi, I’m in !

1 Like

Well this is intriguing – I was just pondering the options one has for a very compact poly module these days…

And very light, just half size of OT. :slightly_smiling_face:

True - I’ve had a Micromonsta, kind of miss that one :slight_smile:

:wink:

Reading this, not sure if the size will be the same.

3 Likes

Here is a micromonsta MK2 survey from audiothingies :

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing the survey link here.
And thanks to those who will participate / already participated.

7 Likes

Il n’y a pas de quoi :wink: You’re welcome !

1 Like

Exciting!

Here’s what I said…

What do you like the most about the MicroMonsta?

Its MPE capability… I bought it to use with my LinnStrument.

What do you not like about the MicroMonsta and how do you think we can improve that in a mk2 version?

1. A USB host port for the purposes of MIDI and powering external, class-compliant controllers like my LinnStrument.

2. MIDI channel filtering, so I can restrict what channels the MM is listening to when it’s in MPE mode.

3. Some MPE specific modulators would be nice: i.e. release velocity, etc.

4. More mod slots.

Anything else to suggest, please write it here:

1. I can see the value of using a pot for the filter cut-off frequency, and I think that’s where people miss it the most in the context of a live performance; but for most other parameters, encoders make more sense.

2. A dedicated button to reset ALL parameters to their last saved state.

3. A shift function to allow the user to set the position of the filter cut-off knob *without changing its value (to set-up filter sweeps for instance).

4. A mode allowing the user to customize the knobs as performance macros.

5. An audio input for processing external audio.

Thanks for listening. I look forward to seeing what you do with the MMII.

Cheers!

1 Like

My wish was for multi-timbrality :slight_smile:

5 Likes

More knobs for me.
Something like Shruthi XT… I do believe one doesn’t need absolutely every function to be mapped on knobs, but a few ones are really important to me. Maybe assignable macros.
More dedicated knobs is my request.

2 Likes

Heh, I said I really liked the compact form factor, and asked for it to be kept the same size. the UI works really well even though there are few knobs, IMO. My wishes were for multitimbrality and a better screen. I like @JohntheSavage’s suggestions also.

i second this. even bi-timbrality would be superb.

Dedicated knobs also was my request. Actually I’d be fine with the old UI and potis for most parameters (snap mode), but seperated mod matrix with encoders for editing.

1 Like

Multitimbral, 128 voices, more knobs, same size. :loopy:

I know this is a pretty old post, but… it appears you know your stuff.
I just picked up the MicroMonsta.
It’s running firmware 1.1.5.
The arp doesn’t behave how I would expect. Whenever it’s turned on, I get exactly one note and then silence.
This is the same when I trigger it with my DT or my Arturia KeyStep. When ARPG = no, everything is fine.
I’ve tried different patches and various adjustments to the pattern sequences.
My expectation is that when I press (and hold) a key, the pattern sequence will play.
I’m hoping this is operator error. Any suggestions?

I’ve had this issue before. I cant remember the exact fix as it was years but it was something to do with midi clock. Mine integrated into a bigger system through a MIO 10.

It was either I’d set to sync to external clock but didn’t send it any signal or I’d sent multiple clocks from multiple sources and there was a conflict that was chocking it.

1 Like

Exactly what I replied to him by email a couple days ago… you have to send MIDI clock + MIDI start commands to sync the arp.

2 Likes

just FYI: Micromonsta 2 is announced to have bitimbrality.

2 Likes