Micromonsta 2

iPhone is the host, MM2 the device

1 Like

I was also thinking of the camera kit. Never thought it through before but it must act as a usb host, both for the phone side and for the usb side. Guess the android world doesnā€™t have a direct equivalent ? And requires an actual usb host ā€¦ like say the retrokits one ?

The equivalent thing on the Android side is a USB OTG (ā€œon the goā€) adapter or cable.

2 Likes

any idea of when youā€™ll be able to ship more of these in the new year? if so, will you accept pre-orders, or just sell when you have stock? asking for a friend (who is me).

1 Like

Iā€™m donā€™t know those protocols, thanks for precisions, and sorry for my ignorance @johnl! :content:
I admit Iā€™m used to old midi protocol and may have to learn more about new ones.
Btw my good old midi DIN cables works flawlessly since 20 years! :pl:

We sell only when we have stock.
Next batch availability is unknown, probably not before March.

3 Likes

exactly, but i cannot set my android tablet to be the host. When I plug the MM2 to the tablet, by default the tablet consider that the MM2 is the host. When I try to set the tablet as the host, i get an error message. But it is perhaps a problem related to the tablet, not to the MM2.

B doesnā€™t have a Micromonsta or Doc A, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With an USB OTG cable?

USB OTG or ā€œhostā€ adapter usually looks like this: https://www.inline-info.com/media/image/4a/f2/3e/316065b9232e67a9c2_600x600@2x.jpg

Yes I used a USB OTG cable such as the one shown by jonl : https://www.inline-info.com/media/image/4a/f2/3e/316065b9232e67a9c2_600x600@2x.jpg

Weird, so the tablet powers MM2 but sees it as a host?
Does it work with another USB MIDI device?

How are you guys using the lag operator, never had this on any of my synths before. Any cool patch ideas? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes you got the point : the tablet powers the MM2, but sees it as a host, and does not want to become the host.

I have never tried before to connect it to a USB MIDI device, so it may be a problem coming from the tablet itself. I have not found any information about this issue on the internet. Maybe im just out of luck !

Itā€™s all about finding the in between places for me. Like, I donā€™t want a rise LFO, and I donā€™t want a _sqr, but a lagged _sqr can find a sweet spot in the middle.

Or if I want a more exponential-ish shaped ENV, lag is good at smoothing out the peaks.

What I do wish is there was a way to modulate LAGā€™s amount value. Assigning that to the vel or an LFO would be sweet!

1 Like

Made an acid and kick patch last night :upside_down_face: sequenced from OT

14 Likes

2-tracks ftw!!!
:metal:

2 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

My success doing a patch a day has been somewhat spotty due to holiday stuff, but here are the results of the first two weeks or so:

http://mcmxcix.com/public/Patch-a-Day%20One.syx

Most of these started with me trying to port some favorites from my other VAs and getting lost in exploration. Bunches of bells and loads of pads slathered with that reverb. And a bass or lead here and there with one or two SFX.

Iā€™m pretty new around here and am thus down with any and all kinds of feedback. Please and thank you!

As an aside, patch import/export for the MM2 is extremely straight-forward. Well done!

7 Likes

Some audio? Happy Christmas!

1 Like