Micromonsta 2

I took a bit of time out for the holiday. And then a bit more to make small demos for each of the patches (Micromonsta2 Patch-a-Day by jemmons | Joshua Emmons | Free Listening on SoundCloud) so people can get a sense if they’re worth installing the sysex .

I’m going to take one more day to get a web page up for all of that, but then it’s time to jump back on that horse!

8 Likes

Nice stuff :+1:

2 Likes

Second hand with higher price than new. Great people.

1 Like

There’s always gonna be those folk out there. Dude was fairly mild with his price gougery and I suck at waiting for stuff so here we are. I suppose I contributed to the problem by buying it at the hiked price, but in this instance and very specifically with this little synth that’s gonna take me to the moon, I could not care less. Honestly he could have got more, I’m weak for this one.

2 Likes

I don’t blame you.
Some Octatrack AE went to 6000€ after 2 weeks…

Does anyone have any advice for dialling the delay in on this? It doesn’t seem to have time syncing likei believe the MM1 had.

Is it possible to create something like this to help dial it in?

There is no delay tempo sync on MM1 and MM2, you can’t write such a sheet.

1 Like

Ok, sorry I thought I’d read there was on mm1! By ear then, I guess? :wink: Or is there a way to calculate the timing at all? Say I wanted a 1/8 at 120bpm and the delay works scales from 0-127, and ranges from 0-10secs, so we could work out the value for 250ms, etc? Or is that not possible?

I’m not sure about that.

dollars

Unless the price in dollars at audiothingies has no VAT or something ?

Still worth it anyway :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, not that bad…

A little off-topic, but you’ve reminded me that the Delay with tim set to 0ms is a super useful chorus-y and phase-y effect.

That, and at 0 I suppose you don’t have to worry about BPM :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, with mod 1/2.

At max, the delay seems to be at 120 bpm, maybe 1 or 2 s, I didn’t check properly.

At 64, x1/2, at 96, x0.75, etc…

1 Like

Hi!

cant get Glide as destination working in the mod matrix, it doesnt respond to any source ,(mono or poly) anyone else got it working?

It works, but you need to set the glide parameter to 1 (at least) for the modulation to work

1 Like

nice, nice. are you routing the micromonsta through the blackbox or using a small passive mixer or something? this is exactly the type of small portable setup i was thinking of except with the digitakt (so, not as small).

1 Like

No mixer… Mm2 straight in to BB, nice and simple.

5 Likes

The mm2 + DT(and battery mod) + bluebox (or comparative small mixer) would have roughly the same footprint as the above photo, no? I like!

yeah, seems comparable. i don’t want to mod the DT, but my battery pack isn’t too big. as it is, i usually run the DT on the couch via ripcord and battery for hours at a time with no issue. looking forward to the mm2 restock.

1 Like

This thread has made me gas harder for a blackbox than a MM2, lol

2 Likes

Ah, so the output changed from 2x1/4" TS (on the mm1) to 1x3.5mm stereo?
Yes, très pratique with the blackbox.

fwiw, I’m pretty sure you’ll have better results if you send the audio out from the MM to the bb’s audio in, instead of the bb’s midi in… :crazy_face:

2 Likes