Micro-timing shifts of entire tracks?

Is it possible to shift an entire track (all triggers) via micro-timing? As opposed to just one trigger at a time?

I don’t want to have to shift all of my hi hats (especially in an irregular pattern) separately. It would open up a whole new world if I could shift an entire track’s micro-timing of every hit, universally.

In Ableton this is done incredibly easy (in milliseconds nonetheless) via Track Delay. This is an incredibly powerful tool for incredibly unique grooves…

It would be great to have this feature!

1 Like

Not possible currently. I would love to have this too!

alex, a workaround could be to micro shift/time one hat/drumsound, copy and paste along the track
you might be able to cut the whole track and paste on a different track with the micro time intact

pretty easy and straight forward with just cutting and pasting one sound at a time though

2 Likes

This would be amazing for quick variations if groove. Surely also very easy to implement?

You can shift the whole track by using function + left or right buttons.

From the manual.

All trigs of a track can be shifted forwards or backwards on the sequencer. While in GRID RECORDING mode, hold down [FUNCTION] while pressing the [LEFT] or [RIGHT] arrow keys to perform the trig shift.

Of course.

What I am referring to is something completely different.

Read the entire thread next time :wink:

it can speed things up if you select multiple trigs (i can just select 12 with one hand), so at worst it’s two multi-nudges per page, not what you want, but may be of use

2 Likes

Ahh I wasn’t exactly sure what you were looking for. Got it now. :+1: I usually only nudge trigs maybe one or two at a time but I suppose that would be useful in some cases.

1 Like

Yes please. I requested this for the OT years ago but no luck so far.
Actually for the midi tracks it would be invaluable because its then possible to use synth patches with slow attack that actually sound in time, or to adjust for latency with some older synthesizers.

thank you thank you!
never even thought to try this

How do you select 12 trigs with one hand? Do you have 6 fingers?

1 Like

that’s called evolution :smiley: :joy: see how living forms adapt quickly to their surroundings?! :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hehe. If you clap your hands you’ll get the surface, just a simple quick fix that’s reasonably controllable, probably quicker to do 4x4 w fingers anyway. I think it’s a good suggestion to have track micro nudging and also macro nudging (on a page basis!) as well as vanilla step nudging

1 Like

i think this feature would also be dope. basically setting a micro-time for trig shifts per track, rather than what is currently possible by step.

you should request.

the only other alternative, and not sure if your setup would allow for this but if you have a master MIDI clock going (from somewhere else) then you could use a hardware box to micro-shift the MIDI clock that feeds the RYTM, essentially shifting the whole groove how you want.

not a cheap option, but a sweet one for the groove’d out possibilities!

agreed it is needed os update

as for the midi clock shift idea, it’s nothing to do with microtiming shift of all steps on a specific track - not relevant to this topic

sure that may work, but i don’t know if the swing resolution is as fine as microtiming… i think probably not.
also it would mean using the global swing amount for this task leaves it useless for general pattern swing.

agreed it is needed os update

as for the midi clock shift idea, it’s nothing to do with microtiming shift of all steps on a specific track - not relevant to this topic

[/quote]
you’re right, the MIDI clock shift is actually entirely different, and suited to a situation where you want to shift the entire groove of the RYTM against another piece of hardware, or even the DAW. i guess i’m looking into that at the moment which is why i mentioned it.
carry on.

would love to be ableto do this…

i also apparently love digging up old threads :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah this would be great

it’s nice. Done it with sysex…
not entirely trivial though, it might be impossible to avoid some edge cases where the microtimings on a few consecutive trigs are irregularly placed in a way that if you shift them, you would have to erase a trig or another so the new timing fits. So, it wouldn’t reliably work perfectly for all cases, and I wouldn’t count on this feature request being implemented in the machines.

And yeah the next best thing is just use swing, tho the same timing can only be applied to an entire pattern…

gotta dig this out some time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone know if this can be done yet?