Mgmt

MGMT needs no introduction. Kicking off their career with songs like Kids and Time to Pretend, evolving in directions no one could ever anticipate, and remaining humble and reflective about their stardom throughout, it's no wonder everyone loves these guys. They combine experimentation and psychedelia with instantly appealing hit songs. There hasn't been a band like this for ages, since The Beatles, probably. [Read the Talk](https://www.elektronauts.com/talk/114)
1 Like

Nvr hrd of thm :laughing:

Edit: Sry cldnt rsst :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Ha yeah I did laugh at that bit. Without meaning to kick off an argument, it’s nice to see what I would refer to as “proper” bands getting interviewed (also enjoyed The Horrors one too).

They kind of went off on a weird tangent musically but got time for them. I suspect they followed up the debut the way they did as a sort of “fuck you!” to the world. Who can blame them for doing whatever the hell they wanted to post stardom though!

I feel the same about gear companies… :wink:

2 Likes

Mgmt are a bit like Nine Inch Nails for me - I don’t really like the music much, but the people involved seem so genuinely inspired and in it for the right reasons, that I can’t help but like them anyway.

3 Likes

I think Congratulations is a lovely record. Pete Kember’s (Sonic Boom, Spacemen 3) production is gorgeous.

And yeah, for sure on NIN (and Bowie and REM and and and)…not crazy about their music, but mad respect for them all as artists.

3 Likes

ManaGeMenT?
MooGMaTh?
MeGaMeTh?