MFB Tanzmaus

Better late than never :’)

8 Likes

Something I still don’t understand from the manual…

Are sound settings for each drum stored in each pattern (like a preset)?

1 Like

Awesome! Some days I think the tanzmaus is the best sounding drum machine in the world. Unprocessed it still sounds like a million bucks.

5 Likes

Perhaps even a billion! Love that Tanzmaus!

2 Likes

How’s the build quality of the Tanzmaus?

I’m looking for a drum machine that feels really solid, has a great sound and is easy to use.

My first choice is the Vermona DRM1 Mk IV, but these haven’t been available for quite some time. So I’m looking at the Tanzmaus, the Acidlab Drumatix and the 8raw8.

They all sound great to my ears, the build quality will make the difference (I can’t stand cheap stuff)

I’m still wondering about which to pair with my Digitone, this vs the Division Department 01/IV…

(Yes, that’s a Tanzbär Lite, but the size is the same)

Good luck finding one. I wanted to get one earlier this year. They’re out of production due to unobtainable parts and apparently no plans to source alternatives and resume. But there are plenty of Vermona DRMs on the second hand market.

Plenty of drm1, but they’re all mark 3. I’d like to get a mk4, buy new for once.

There’s a Drumatix for sale not far from where I live. And there’s someone here on Elektronauts that just bought a new one directly from Acidlab.

Well that’s news. The info I got was from Schneiders Buro a couple of months back.

1 Like

Anyone ever use a Tanzmaus to control another instrument?
MIDI out sends notes, on an assignable channel.
So I could sacrifice one drum (TT?) to control a monosynth…

Each channel outputs a single (assignable) note. So using all channels, you could can have the TM send up to 8 notes but those notes can’t be changed per pattern. You have to stop the sequencer and open the midi edit menu.

The CC values that can be transmitted are fixed, not assignable, so if you want to use say the 4 knobs of the TT track to control CC’s on your monosynth, you’ll need a midi processor, unless the cc sent from the TM miraculously correspond to the cc values on your mono that you want to control. TM both outputs and thru-puts midi clock.

I don’t know how much “control” you’re hoping a TM can provide, but it’s not designed as a well speced midi sequencer.

Okay, I mistakenly assumed the note value sent out could be pitched - thanks :slight_smile:

FYI I bought a Drumatix new from Klaus at Acidlab just a couple of months ago.

I had a Tanzmaus previously and they’re both awesome machines. Drumatix is easier to use, but the Tanzmaus has more features (parameter locks for instance). I would much prefer the Drumatix for live use. Both sound incredible though.

1 Like

Found samples! :

3 Likes

They’re by @tumulishroomaroom

His Alphabase samples are great, quality over quantity, I use them often in my Bitbox

2 Likes

I totally agree. Of countless drum machine demos I’ve combed through, it really jumps out as this compelling palette of sound with life in it.

The best Tanzmaus video, from @George_Michael

11 Likes

anyone know the difference between v1.3 and v1.5?

The last changelog I found in my files is up to V1_4: But AFAIK the last update was V1_6.2. Here it is: Tanzmaus_v1_62.syx (173.4 KB)

And the update instructions:OS update Manual.pdf (32.8 KB)

Changes in V1_4

• TT Pan did not work in Step Mode- FIXED
  • TT Pan has some noise - IMPROVED
  • clear Pattern always cleared the whole pattern instead of only the actual track - FIXED
  • LEDs not updated properly in Rec Mode in some cases - FIXED
2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks very much for sharing :slightly_smiling_face: