MFB Dominion 1

Does anybody have an experience with Mfb Dominion 1 ?

Looks great, a real beast.

Either this or a Moog Sub37 could be my next purchase…unless Elektron hint at a new synth soon!!!

Sonic State had a video on this:

Looks (and sounds, duh!) very interesting. Definitely a contender for Moog’s Sub 37, I like the three note paraphony. And that analog ring mod! :joy:

I’d be curious to know if they’ve stepped up the build quality. The Dominion X is a great synth but doesn’t feel too sturdy. Never caused any problems but in this price range I’d expect a solid built unit, especially when you got even cheap synths like the Minibrute which are of sturdy build. You can guarantee this is going to sound great though.

They mentioned the Dominion 5 poly synth a while back, I’m interested to see/hear that when it comes out.

It actually sounds really good & the feature set is great for the money.

I’d always be a bit wary of MFBs build quality though…& aesthetically I personally think it’s awful - looks like a bloody Jen SX1000… :dizzy_face:

I really like the look of it . Looks a lot better than other MFB gear.

Hey guys, I am between this and the beautiful Sub37… can’t make up my mind…
I found this review:
http://greatsynthesizers.com/en/test/mfb-dominion-1-a-deluxe-analog-synth/#comment-77436
very useful, also amazing detail on his demo sounds…
Also this guy here made some cool demos:
https://soundcloud.com/electronicaz/mfb-dominion-1-analogue-synth-demo-02

I really can’t decide, it sounds fantastic… but unfortunately no retailers here in Finland, so I cannot test it…

Just got one. It’s as good as it seems. And the build quality is beyond anything MFB has done before. I’ve owned a synth ii and still have a tanzbär. they all sounds good but this this is next level.

and thomann.de will let you return, since you can’t try it in finland.

Nice! a question, does thre LP filter cuts through high harmonics like butter, or is there any sort of osc bleeding through the filter?

It’s a very clean sound, I haven’t noticed any bleed or buzz. The oscillators and filters can get nasty, but in a good way, from analog wobble and so many modulation possibilities.

[quote="“heckadecimal”"]

It’s a very clean sound, I haven’t noticed any bleed or buzz. The oscillators and filters can get nasty, but in a good way, from analog wobble and so many modulation possibilities.[/quote]
Yeah I have been hearing many demos… It sounds beautiful and beasty! Thank you for the answer… I asked u cause i had some bad experience with DSI stuff (mopho) offering a very weak filter. I got a bit traumatized hahahaha…

My experiences with this Instrument were good, too.

It’s a heavy beast, maybe 10kg or so, so nothing you would love to have on your lap for long … but the sound is very raw and powerful.

I had to change the internal settings for the ADSR envelopes to my taste (which is easy, the OS allows you to do a lot of stuff), to I had finer options to do percussive sound design on it, too.

It’s always the same … watching videos over and over until the GAS got so big that you can’t resist and buy the thing :joy:

Another new review I found is this one, it’s German though but there are English subtitles as far as I can tell:

Sonicstate made a very nice review on YouTube, too. I think it was posted here before. I must admit that a feeling of regret is developing on my side, I should have never sold the thing…

and the Sonic Lab video I was referring to:

What OS do you have and how did you change the envelope behavior?
My dominion is from the first batch and i cant find rhe newer OS online.

I have one , and I didn’t know this was possible :astonished: , I’m very courious how to … if I find it myself I’ll let you know…
FANTASTIC !!! SYNTH

I just took a look into the manual, check out page no. 25:

Thanx Man - now I get it - this I new - I just tought there was another way to adjust more general, but I appriciate your effort with image :+1: :+1: :+1: .
( because I tought I read somwere that the Filter and Resonance behaviour can be adjusted, but I don’t now where I’ve read that and never found a way to… )
BEAST of a SYNTH ! isn’t it ? Enjoy :rage:

Haha you actually can change that!
I was unable to find it in the manual, but I remember clearly that you can recalibrate filter tracking and amount of resonance!
When I am at my computer again, I’ll try to find more information. You’re right, it’s a beast of a machine :smiley:

I wish I had never played this at NAMM, because now I can’t stop thinking about it. The sound out of this synth is seriously amazing.