Metronome through headphone only... Possible?

Hi
Does anyone know how to send the metronome to the headphones while bypassing the cue and main outputs?
Thanks

The headphones output is a mix of the main output signal and the cue output signal. Therefore nothing can both bypass the cue and main outputs and go out of the headphone output.

The cue output in Normal mode is intended for monitoring stuff that you don’t want the audience to hear.

2 Likes

As far as I understand reading some topics here, it seems impossible to have metronome routed to headphone only in studio mode, if you want to use the two stereo outputs. Am I right ? Is it due to a hardware limitation ?

Thank you !

The metronome can be routed to CUE, MAIN, both. No other choice. This already answers the question imho.

There is a headphone MIX parameter, to mix its ouput between MAIN and CUE.

So you can’t have metronome only through headphones if you want to use MAIN and CUE outputs to play other stuff. Same behavior in Studio or Normal mode.

Studio mode just change display and links MAIN and CUE mutes. It doesn’t change routing.

2 Likes

Thank you. So bad, I have a powerfull machine with 6 outputs and I need to buy another one because I can’t route the click :frowning:

Yes but special routing for headphones is pretty rare…At least you have a mix setting with OT.

Btw, a cheap midi expander or drum machine can be much better than headphones metronome output !

It seems I need a Boss DB-90, 145€… Anyway thanks a lot for your answers and advices :pray:

1 Like