MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

yes see above i posted the outdated 1.0.1a bom. use it as a reference for mouser parts in 1.0.2

1 Like

Ok! :slight_smile:

20 weeks to get the encoders! OMG :frowning:

see above you can substitute with dented encoders…

checked that these were also out of stock. there are other suppliers online that appear to have the original component.

Sorry for my ignorance, about the OLED available here, https://www.buydisplay.com/arduino-2-2-inch-128x32-oled-breakout-board-module-display-white-on-black, which interface should I get? SPI (optionally with header if I don’t want to solder myself), right? Thank you!

SPI mode. pre-soldered pin header should be fine.

2 Likes

Hi,
I ordered an I2C option…:grimacing: Is it usable as it or do i have to order an other display with SPI option?

You can shift the SMT resistor that selects the mode. It’s not hard to do. I’ll send you more info later

1 Like

Great! thank you! :upside_down_face:

The resistor can be de-soldered by adding a little bit of molten solder to both sides and then gently slide it off the pads. A pair of tweezers is helpful.

1 Like

ok so i will probably have to move R2 =>R3.
Thanks very much for that info!
Nico

make sure it’s the first thing you do in your build.

once the oled is soldered in place it will be very difficult to remove.

1 Like

Ok!
I just received my mouser parts today :slight_smile:
Have to wait for all the other parts now :frowning: Héhé!
have a good day

My CMOS ref. is CD74HC4050EE4 instead of CD74HC4050E, that’s ok for the specs?
There was no availibility for CD74HC4050E.

my understanding is those designations EE4 v E relate to materials used in the manufacturing process and not the electrical properties of the component.

so it will be okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Justin,

I’ve been flashing the firmaware mcl_2_6_1_oled.hex in my atmega 2560 today here is the message of AVR Dude :

avrdude: verifying …
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0xd6 != 0x0c
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (H:FD, E:D8, L:FF)
avrdude done. Thank you.

It seems there is a mismatch but maybe it’s not so important?
Thanks again.
Nico

100% of the firmware have been flashing, this is the reading verification message.

Verification error means the bytes written to the chip don’t match those in the firmware.
So this is not good.

Can you try again. Maybe try lowering the baud rate ?

1 Like

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000

It failed at the first byte, which indicates less of ROM problem but more communication?

I don’t know exactly… I’ve been trying the HD44780.hex also it’s the same problem at the first byte. I’m waiting for a Real arduino hardware, the one i’m trying to burn is a cheap first price china model, i think this board is not totally reliable because i can only communicate with it via an usbtiny hardware usb AVR programmer in the terminal. i’ve been trying with Xcode & Atmel studio 7.0 under windows 7 without success just to recognize it. The only way to recognize & communicate is programmer/Terminal but with this issue at the first byte.