Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

I’m not a machinedrum user but pretty exciting news. Hoping for an “unofficial” octatrack update with longer midi notes, midi mute destination (ext), above 64 steps pickup machine and more. Obviously the official one will never come out, so let us hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@JustinValer
Is this safe to use on the none UW versions ?
Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that avatar before somewhere @shroom

1 Like

Sorry Rusty, I had a massive brain freeze :cold_face:

Just joking :stuck_out_tongue: Always good to get the info from the source :slight_smile:

1 Like

please move MegaCommand build discussion to: MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

2 Likes

That’d be interesting for me, too. If not, would you be willing to make a non-UW version, @JustinValer ?

another quick tip on the S2 as it seems to work well for karplus strong. Use the s2 as an impulse machine and use external out C and connect the out put into an input machine…“give both S2 and input machine delay (short 1 till 20 will work) now you got a physical modelled string sound, based on the karlpluss string algorithm, good luck!”

• ecz2003 from elektron machinedrum tips.

Another quick trick with s2.
set up a EQ ctr-all track. Record in EQ plocks.
lock in recorded plocks on eq on s2 track.
modulate eq frequencys with a random LFO.
You can mute and umute the EQ ctr all to ‘lock in’ buffers.

the idea is derived from the next level MD trick:
Mimicking a tape sound effect (2010)
If you like dubby stuff, another trick I have done is tomodulate the global EQ with an LFO…make
a tight peak in the upper frequencies and then modulate that frequency with a random LFO.
Gives a nice filtered hiss sound…kinda simulating tape. I think you may have to do this the
round about way though. Using a control 8p to control the EQ frequency.
-GYS

7 Likes

Well since noone answered I had to buy a UW version… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I have a general question. If I use the new OS on my uw+ mk2 without any mega command, i will have the exact same functionality plus the new snare model?
And, is backwards compatibility given when returning to the latest electron OS and I will open projects, kits etc from the unofficial OS?
Thx

1 Like

can’t vouch for opening newer OS project in older OS, but I advise you to take full backup of your :elmd: (never a bad idea) and try for yourself :wink: And yes, functionality should be the same minus some minor bugs that were fixed.

1 Like

Ok, great. Thx for the advice.

can this be confirmed by creator? I wanna try it…but am leery.
@JustinValer

can only give a non mega command user confirmation.

MDUW mk1 works (except kit ram menu bug flagged earlier but mk2s not affected)
patterns/kits import ok

unless you can’t make it through without S2, wait for next version, fingers crossed for midi note in phase reversal and fast Fourier transform processing in master FX :sweat_smile:

Everything ok here with 1.71 MD mk2 non uw

No bugs, no freezes

Enjoying amazing S2

4 Likes

its says minor bug fixes…never noticed any bugs myself.
but I guess ill stay on 1.63 for now. I don’t need anymore more machines.

I have MDUW MKII

thanks

You can upgrade / downgrade without issue.

We don’t make any claims on firmware ‘safety’ as this is an Unofficial Firmware release. You should use your own judgement here.

That being said, it’s tested/developed on MK2 UW units. There is one firmware for all MD models.

3 Likes

Thanks bro, I’ll let the buyer know :v:

1 Like

MD Mk1 non UW. Everything fine and very sweet here.

old MD, seems to be a bit more stable with Max for live MD devices and midi. Oh, my old red devil is also working well with my MPC 2000xl. Combo heaven.
(Didn’t realize until today that the mpc XL can record MD p-lock data in its sequencer. Pretty freaking drippy trippy.)

2 Likes

Interesting. Is anyone else seeing better stability, or do we collectively think it might be more of a psychological effect? :slight_smile: