MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Take a photo of your board, top side and bottom (with arduino removed)

It’s probably better we move this discussion to the Github issues page as @v-yadli indicated.

Can you create a new issue with the photos attached.

https://github.com/jmamma/MegaCommand_Design

2 Likes

HI i juste discover this some time ago, i’m a MD owner since long time and never hear abou this!

this look awesom ! but it’s hard to fin any information about what exactly it can do , i’m im missing the manual somwhere ?

https://github.com/jmamma/MIDICtrl20_MegaCommand/releases/download/2.61/MCL_Documentation-2_6_1.pdf

3 Likes

MegaCommand Live 2.62 released!! :rocket:

MCL version 2.62 requires that you upgrade your Machinedrum OS to version 1.71.

Changes / Bug Fixes:

• Add transpose parameter to Chromatic Page. Accessible from Track Select Menu.
  • Note to PTC mapping was incorrect. (Wrong note displayed on keyboard,
    machine base pitch not taken into consideration)
  • Arpeggiator and Scales broken when using EXT MIDI. Fixed.
  • Ext MIDI now responds from NOTE C2 and upwards. Scales are mapped across each note of keyboard and root is at C2.
  • Poly config saved when exiting poly select page.
  • Notes out of machine range, now result in silence, as opposed to playing highest note.
  • Some tweaks to behaviour of the arpeggiator GUI.
  • Clearing or adjusting length of poly tracks was broken.
11 Likes

Does anyone know if the Megacommand is compatible with Monomachine to make use of the microtiming and conditional trigs?

Hi, I am also interested but have only a Machinedrum not UW version. Is it possible to use just the Machinedrum OS 1.63. Is there some where I can go with out having to jump around so much for information. What I have just seen on synthtopia youtube video with a person using the Machinedrum as 16 voice polysynth is amazing. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Looks like Elektron have missed opportunity themselves :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a lot of information because the project has been running for a few years and has evolved over time.

You need a Machinedrum and a MegaCommand.
The MegaCommand runs the MegaCommandLive (MCL) firmware.
The MD runs the unofficial 1.71 OS that we made to enhance the MIDI spec.

The user manual explaining everything is here:
https://github.com/jmamma/MIDICtrl20_MegaCommand/releases/download/2.62/MCL_Documentation-2_6_1.pdf

If you want to build a MegaCommand the details are here:

4 Likes

Thank you JustinValer. I am U.K based and never dabbled. So some research to do and again thank you so much for your time and efforts.
Take care Stef

Hey, i´m super-impressed by the effort put into this. Good work Justin!
I´m planning to build my own but just in case i wonder if anyone has a spare PCB for sale, or a completed and working unit?
I´m handy with a soldering iron and i might even build on demand later on when i have finished my own unit. (ever the optimist!) :slight_smile:

I´m in Sweden and of course, there´s all the shipping restrictions to/from other countries still in effect, but i thought i could ask anyway. So just let me know - it´s probably possible to send it here if you´re EU-based.

If not, i might print a couple of boards somewhere and if i do i will offer them here.
Cheers guys!

2 Likes

:rocket: :rocket: Let’s all ride the User Wav :rocket: :rocket:

Produced arranged using the MD and MegaCommand recorded from the MD outputs.
No mastering or FX. Had to add some light clipping to work around soundcloud’s loudness algo

Showcases Chromatic and Chain mode.

13 Likes

I’ve got a PCB for you. If you pp the shipping costs I’ll send it to you for free. I’m in NL.

Of course! Awesome, i´ll send you a private message. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got any more PCBs left? I’m in Norway.

• Wake up from a late night programming session
  • Listen to the track
  • Smile
4 Likes

You can get mine from frnk, i´m syncronizing a group buy at the moment and we will make a run of at least 10 PCB´s, more likely 20-25.
Gathering pre-orders at the moment, and looking up places to compare prices for the boards. Hopefully the order will be placed in 1-2 weeks.

Anyone based in Sweden or scandinavia (or inside EU for that matter) and interested in buying a MegaCommand PCB can contact me to be added to the pre-order list! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interested! Dropping you a message.

Edit: can’t send message, new user! Can you drop me one?

no problems, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Waitin for a Pcb to build my own megacommand, so impatient!
GREAT WORK!!!

Anyone got a mouser cart with to share, complete with everything possible to buy from them? I´m trying to complete one from the BOM but there´s lots of stuff i don´t find and i would appreciate a nudge… pls?
I would greatly appreciate not having to buy from so many different places, if possible. I know i got to get some items from elsewhere, but anyway…

I haven’t the time right now but I can help you out with this tomorrow evening. I had some issues as well initially. In the meantime you could start comparing the v1 bom with the latest one, as @JustinValer kindly pointed out to me earlier in this thread.

Hope it’s okay to do this btw, don’t want to step in or cause any issues with my limited knowledge but figured this might save others some time.

1 Like