MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

Remember if you are following the video and building along with it, that is for the original 1.0.1 build. Read the build instructions on github and most importantly:

PUT THE SD CARD HOLDER ON BEFORE THE DISPLAY, NOT AFTER IT LIKE IN THE VIDEO

2 Likes

Yeah I realized I was going to have to pay attention when Justin pulled out the 12-bit DAC which isn’t in the 1.0.2 build :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reminder about the display.

Yeah, MCL doesn’t support the MD internal editor.

The MD will only record a plock if the step has a trig on it first
We send pitch CC before the track is triggered.

Edit: Any reason you prefer to record to the MD internal sequencer?

1 Like

Ok thanks, that makes sense.

To be honest I’ve had trouble integrating the MC sequencer in my workflow. Plocking, patterns and speed of programing still put me back on the MD sequencer. So I use the MC more for all the other features and as a big bank of kit variations. If I need trig condiction or track lenght for a specific track I use the MC though.

By the way is there a way to link a pattern with a row on the MC sequencer ? Like, If I switch pattern it also switch row on the MC ? (I tend to see the rows on the MC as an equivalent of the patterns. Like patterns that you can mix and match as you want.)

Not at the moment. There’s a few ideas up in the air at the moment regarding bank switching. We need to support external program change.

The other possibility is that we hijack the bank selection buttons directly to chain rows on MCL.

The general trend with MCL releases is that the sequencer workflow becomes more seemless with each new firmware. So it’s just a matter of time now before the two are indistinguishable from a UI perspective.

3 Likes

I am interested in purchasing a MegaCommand in the USA, please DM if you’re up for building one and need some $$$.

in the latest firmware has anyone noticed that a ram machine ‘representation of the waveform’ sometimes appears in the micro timing menu pop up? seems that i can scroll through the sample graphic.
Its hit and miss. Sometimes a waveform graphic appears - other times just standard micro timing
try this:
use the mega command auto ram machine p1, input a- hit dice or slice mode. Leave the p1 playing and slicing. Go to the step sequencer on the track for the ram 1 player . hold down a note, and use microtiming - see if a waveform appears. If the micro timing menu is showing up. Go into the locks and follow the same procedure as above.

That’s quit strange. I’m not able to replicate what you’re seeing. Can you take a photo with your phone?

Good to hear !

Tks

Heres the requested photo

think i worked it out
sorry not a waveform, darn it ! when in 1/8 or slow track speed the menu for utiming bunches up the graphic. Nothing to see here.

Ha, yeah that’s it. Maybe we can improve the graphic at 1/8.

1 Like

Dont know if limitation or Bug. Setup:

• MC In1/Out1 <-> MD In/Out
  • faderbank in/Out <-> MC in2/Out2

I can successfully send data from my faders into the MC forwarding these onto MD (Midi FWD 2->1). Sadly I couldnt find a way to get Midi information out of Out Port 2 in order to enjoy full integration (midi-learn, updating faders) of the faderbank.
Is this due to the fact that Midi can only be FWD’d in one direction?
Would a Midi Chain in MC (in2->out1->In1->Out2) be possible?

Currently that’s the only setting we support. I’ll put bi-directional forward on the list.

2 Likes

@Mbang : Here is MCommand on MD + MM2 (audiothingies), routed in my mix table (Sound only, no Video sorry)

3 Likes

The 3.10 User Manual is released:

Just spent the last week working on this. The only time I’ve had free since finishing the new MCL and MD firmwares.

Please share with anyone you know that has a MegaCommmand and is running 3.x

I made a number of changes to the manual to reflect the new firmware features and functionality. I’ve added some diagrams and hopefully improved the layout and comprehension of each section.

MCL Documentation 3.10

12 Likes

The irony of not spelling comprehension correctly :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Cheers to you for all the work! :beers:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you thank you thank you!
I´ts funny and sort of amazing to see the beta firmware spreading through the layers of owners that don´t have a megacommand and don´t even know that it exists. :slight_smile:
You guys have done the MD lovers a huge favour for making this a reality and deserve our highest respect and gratitude! :gift_heart:

Thanks very much again!