MegaCommand // MCL 4.51

Cheers Marcus - thanks for taking the time to respond - I’m not sure that I have access to the marketplace - I will have to check my trust level.

As I said - I have zero competence at building - so it’s not something I would attempt being very honest.

I hope you get to spend that extra time with the family!

2 Likes

Indeed.
But I suppose if someone wants to state that they are building+selling MegaCommand, they are still allowed to paste the Marketplace link here :wink:

@Wh69 access to Marketplace requires to spend some time here.

That is perhaps okay, better check the market rules for such a post :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have something to announce regarding MegaCommand availability in the coming weeks.

7 Likes

Indeed - I think I need to post some stuff - so that is what I am doing!!!

Thanks for all the help and advice

Yes - my trust level is ‘basic user’

Hello. Is there anybody who are building MegaCommands in Europe and it is possible to order ? Or are there any full kits for sale from which is possible to build a MegaCommand ? Thanks so much for helping.

WRT to building one yourself:
Just a small item in this list but I’ve built 2 successfully without an antistatic mat, it’s not an absolute necessity imho. Just make sure you discharge yourself each time before handling any of the ic’s and wear some nitrile gloves.
And make sure you have sorted out an enclosure. I say this as for the first mc I built I thought I’d hack something together but that turned out to be way more time consuming and difficult than anticipated, for the second one I decided to get one of those hammond boxes and drill it out but that was also very time consuming and the result is just ok, not as glorious as I’d hoped.

Last thing, even though it is clearly stated in the build instructions and even more clearly after I had a mishap (I think? Just want to be able to claim the glorious Homer quote “Because of me, now they have a warning.”); the screen should be the very last thing you install. Don’t think it’s ok to install it while you wait on the SD card holder to be delivered because it’s not :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah the last tip is necessary.
Also, you can save time and solder by only soldering these points for the screen (on the bottom side, from left to right).
Instead of all 20, it’s enough with 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 15, 16.

Also, i have noted recently that (this tip is more for multiple builders) a small string of glue using a heated glue gun om the sd card reader, and on the Arduino, is not a bad idea.
The reader is fragile and the Arduino can get loose IF the package is shaken enough

1 Like

I have no idea how to update the firmware on the megacommand to 4.01. I’ve tried windows and Mac. I got the latest firmware x.05 on the MD but losing some hope on the mega. I found recently that i might not need to use an interface like the tm-1 and just use the usb from mega to the laptop but I don’t know what to do with the arduino IDE then not quite sure what is supposed to happen with Hexuploader.zip. Nothing is uploading. Nothing changes on the mega when I hit “upload hex file” and choose mcl_4_0_1.hex. Still shows version 3.10 when I turn it off then on. I’m getting there but what am I getting wrong in the process. Please help a brother.

On mac :
connect your MCL with a USB cable on your computer.
Open Hexuploader application.
In the application : arduino type choose Atmega 2560. Serial port choose megacommand, upload Hex file firmware 4.1.
That’s it!

3 Likes

on my mac this maybe labelled as USB modem or similar

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try again but what you just described is what I did last night, I believe.

I chose “mcl_4_0_1.hex” as the file firmware to upload but nothing changes.   The mega is unresponsive to this.  And I choose the proper port, I believe.

I chose mcl_4_0_1.hex as the file firmware to upload but nothing changes. The mega is unresponsive to this. And I choose the proper port, I believe.

Ok. I got it now. I’m on x4.01. Thank you, elektronauts. I love you. Sorry I’ve been such a big baby. I just needed to get back to my slow windows-dell laptop then take the tm-1 out of the loop and loaded it via xloader. Sorry if that was made clear in an earlier post. I read the whole earlier megacommand topic just to feel cool and codey but clearly I’m just a grifter hoping to dance to the beat of my own machinedrum. I owe Justin and the other guy a debt of something. And thanks nicoj.

2 Likes

I think we all do that from time to time :blush:

1 Like

MCL is nuts.

But the developers missed a trick here not
preloading in some .syx for an “enhanced mode peered” start up sound.

Look what arrived today!

4 Likes

2400 on reverb?

Reverb - is was advertised at $2300 but I got it for a bit less. It’s in mint condition so very pleased with it. Need a TM-01 though now.