MegaCommand // MCL 4.51

Yes!! I’ve been wanting USB file transfer. Gonna be using the sampling on my UW a lot more fno.

Can it be used to backup/restore snapshots, or kits?

Just read the changelog and lots of good updates here. Fantastic work!

1 Like

Hi Merkur,

The USB MIDI / USB DISK upgrade is a two step process, requiring you to update both the MCL firmware, and the USB Microcontroller. Please read the instructions carefully here for upgrading the USB Microcontroller:
megacmd_usb_dfu_1.0.4.zip

Jump on the discord if you need help. Also we can discuss your other questions.

1 Like

You can transfer MCL projects from the SD card to the PC and vice/versa.

2 Likes

hmmm…NGNY needs to come to an end so I can complete my MD with the MCL.

4 months to go. [and ill have to sell something to afford it]

1 Like

Hi all.

My MCL isn’t turning on. Was fine a couple of weeks ago. I’ve unplugged everything, tried a known good usb that’s powering a faderfox. Any suggestions on what I can attempt to resurrect it?

MegaCMD or MegaCommand? You can try to reflash the latest OS.

2 Likes

Thanks Justin - sorry for the terminology mixup. It’ll be the MegaCMD (I got it through you!). I’ll try to flash it.

Just a question; does anyone running 4.20 (or earlier) have problems witrh their MCL running at double speed when connected to a DAW (i use bitwig, for example) in midi 2 IN (i.e. clock-synced from DAW)?
This persists even after i shut off the midi clock sync from the daw - no difference.
Anyone?
I have found a fix that i think work, but it resolves all but the viisual wrong tempo on the MCL i think, in the DAW and in MD the tempo is correct.

Anyone experienced this?

Hello :v: I’m in the UK looking for someone who could build a MegaCommand or at least the enclosure, I could potentially do this build myself. Can anyone help me please?

1 Like

Anwring myself - it seems like latest BitWig version messes up the MCL BPM a bit. This can be fixed either by testing a earlier version, or set the MD to internal tempo. I hope BitWig will fix this, i will contact them and let them know!

Weird thing, Megacmd here, trying to upgrade to 4.20 and no matter what I try every time i boot it up holding page I just get this piece of machine is ok with an animation on boot(Both on my Catalina oldie MBPr and my Air M1).

4.11 is the firmware it came with(thanks again Justin!)

Man I’m so bad at these things, makes me feel like a 51yo granddad(oh wait…)

1 Like

Join the discord for troubleshooting the OS upgrade. The boot menu is only available in 4.20

4 Likes

Hello, I have technical question regarding the Arduino Mega board (I couldn’t find it anywhere in the discussion)… In the bill of materials there is “Arduino Mega 2560 16AU” listed - is it interchangable with the “Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3” that is now available?
Also maybe stupid question, sorry about that, could someone clarify the difference between MegaCommand and MegaCMD?
Thanks a lot. Regards P.

Yeah, Rev3 is the board you want. You could also try one of the clones, just make sure it has the ATMEGA16U2 usb chip.

2 Likes

perfect, thank you

In stock. :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations! But i agree, you have more use of a megacommand than tm, you get the same functions plus lots extra, and cheap if you build yourself

Hi guys, I’m struggling with the USB Midiupgrade for my MCL. Already updated to 4.20. But I don’t know how to erase the USB chip in step 5. I already asked for help on discord 3 weeks ago. Any help is appreciated.