MDUW trouble: "DSP error" / sticky data

So chuffed about this!!

Did a blank reset and am busy making joyous sine tone grooves

Thanks for keeping tabs on me with this you are all wonderful folks :star_struck:

The special one

5 Likes

Local elderly repairman’s business suddenly booming fixing ‘machinedrums’. More at 11.

5 Likes

He said it was impossible to get the boards back into the machine without constructing a little gizmo himself to push the pins in - he cracked output F and apologised saying it was the ‘best he could do’ - I haven’t tested the individual outputs but the headphones out is working perfectly

1 Like

so glad you got it working again! “random elderly electronics repair man” really brings up some memories for me. back in the 80’s when people still repaired home electronics instead of just throwing them out, I would go with my father to take broken stereos and TV’s and such to a person like this. so that’s what I’m imagining, and thinking of a fellow who has no idea wtf a Machinedrum or drum machine is or does and is just tracing circuits trying to get it to work (even if he has no idea what that means), while of course also swearing at it :rofl:

1 Like

That’s exactly it!
His front porch was stacked with old tvs, stereos and vhs players, he had no clue about elektron he just took it apart resoldered everything and put it back together

1 Like

oh man that’s so awesome! that’s exactly the sort of thing I remember from those trips. I feel like I would spend at least an extra hour chatting with such a person these days.

He just added some extra character, value and a good story :smiley:

1 Like

Yup we stood on his driveway and chatted a good while before I headed home - a very nice person and a properly trained electronics engineer

2 Likes

Great!!! Happy MD tweaking!!!

1 Like