MD UW mk1 blinking startup screen problem! possibly more problems too

hey folks!
i have an intermittent problem with my MD. about 9 out of 10 times when i power it on the screen will stay at the very beginning stage of the start up where it just displays the elektron logo, the OS (1.63) in the bottom right of the screen, and a K in the bottom left.

i am using a tm-1 for all midi transfers, it works perfectly, and the cables are not the problem either since when the machine does actually boot up properly it syncs to ableton just fine.

i have tried to upgrade the OS which always ends with the screen saying that the upgrade didn’t go through, maybe this is another problem?!? i hope not. i have tried using the elektron transfer app in legacy mode along with sysex librarian, both producing identical results.

when i try putting it into test mode everything seems to be ok.

empty, factory, and soft resets all yield the same blinking screen along with attempting to exit that page.

i am the sole owner and have had it since '07 in a well kept, clean and smokeless enviornment, which leads me to think that its probably not a hardware issue, but i don’t know.

any troubleshooting ideas, should i contact elektron support even though they don’t support the MD anymore, or is there a thread with a similar issue and solution that im not seeing somewhere on this forum?

my MD and i thank you for your time.

Welcome to the forum!

Contact Elektron. Your MD is no longer in warranty but they will do their best to help you.

yeah, i kind of figured that would be the answer, but i figured i would ask around here first. thanks!