MD upgrade - Sysex Error Code 1 issuee

Hi to everybody :sunglasses:

I’m trying to upgrade for the first time my MD SPS-1.
Now my machine have 1.52C OS version and I would like to upgrading to the last version.

When I send data with C6 my MD notified an error message “Sysex Error Code 1!”

md-error|666x500

What is happened? My MD it’s connected with MIDI IN & MIDI OUT cables on my audio interface.

Thanx in advance!
All the best
Rob!

Probably sending the SysEx too fast.

If on OSX use SysEx Librarian

If via C6 change the delay.

thanx! i will try

OS upgraded with C6!
thanx

@Rusty I’m trying now to send new preset into MD but it notified another sysex error code 1. I’m increase the delay but don’t work.

1 Like

That response [ Error Code 1] could come from corrupt data; i.e. the file you are sending; or it could be an incompatible file (e.g. Kit has User Waves but you don’t have a UW model)

I don’t use C6; built my own software.

If you are on OSX; try SysEx Librarian instead?

1 Like

I’m try to send into MD this factory pack downloaded from Elektron website

I tryed Sysex Librarian but the MD notified another Error Code 1

here’s my setting on Sysex Librarian

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my MD SPS1 and I see that this post has not solved the issue. Neither that other post (in my case) Impossible to send MD808/909 to my Machinedrum - #16 by mac6mil

So I decided to write to see if anyone has any ideas.

When I send sysex data from my Sysex Librarian to my MD I get the error “Sysex Error Code 1”. Doing different tests I have discovered that it only happens with the projects I have recently saved. All the old sysex data that I had saved for years does not give any problem at all. Only the information that I have been saving in the last few days. So I guess I have had the problem for a short time.

I have tried an AR and an A4 and everything works correctly with Sysex.

I’m using a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) Xip M1, an audio card (Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen) through which I run midi cables. It’s all well connected because as I said the AR, A4 and the old sysex data I had in Sysex Librarian from the MD can be transmitted without any problem.

I’m a bit desperate… Any ideas?

what OS are you running?

1 Like

Big Sur

what about on the MD?

1 Like

Version 1.63

only advice really is slow down the ticks/transmit speed.
keep activity minimal on your mac during transfer.

I have just tried it with different parameters from maximum transmit speed to minimum transmit speed and it keeps giving the same error :frowning:

It works! It seems to be related to computer activity. I turned off Ableton Live and other programs and it worked. However, the sysex data saved on my computer from the past few days still doesn’t work, probably because when they arrived on the computer from the MD due to computer activity they got corrupted. Thanks @waftlord, it helps a lot! :wink:

1 Like