MD+MnM Tribute project

Just started my project for the Tribute comp. Pure MonoMachine and MachineDrum goodness with eq and compression, no other fx processing

https://soundcloud.com/knobgoblin/lake-of-silver-v3

anyone else want to share their works in progress?

3 Likes

Wow! Very inspirational. I’ve still yet to fully tinker with the MnM. Those are amazing, dark sounds!

I want a hint of how you pulled those dark, dark sounds! Just tell me what engines you used for this song. That is AWESOME!

1 Like

Bass sounds are from 2 fm dyn machines and one is from the VO synth, my first time making a bass from it​:grinning:. For the super distorted bass, it’s dyn fm machine run into a second track for distortion and filtering, using an lfo to sweep the frequency of a boost in the eq. Gain staging is such a huuuuuge part of the sound design in this box! Chords are ens machines and the lead is sine machine with a neighbor track doing ring mod on it. You can hear the main pattern in the first jam on my soundcloud page, I added the rest in a overdub on the MnM, so theoretically it could be done live with two MnM and one MD. I’m thinking of doing another pass where I just use the MnM and MD as fx processors and live dub it on my mixer​:alien::alien::alien:

1 Like

Word up! Thanks man! I’ll definitely make my next exploration project on that machine!

when you say “running into a second track” is that like neighbor machines on the OT?

Exactly

2 Likes

This is what I got so far. Definitely WIP and it will go through many changes before being submitted. It’s Monomachine only for now but I plan to change the drum parts with MD.

2 Likes

looking forward to the finished version … that layered pad at the opening is gorgeous.

1 Like

Thanks. I’d plan to move the drum parts to the MD to add more variation.

1 Like

that pad is really really nice. Is it from the dpro ens machine? I need a mkII.

Also, those MnM drums are tasty. Instead of replacing them, maybe use the MD to supplement them, like kick snare and percussion

1 Like

I will provide a special prize to anyone who successfully makes their MnM say “Electron Monomachine” using the VO machine in a tribute entry.

Except if you’re that mental Japanese guy from youtube who makes it sing J-Pop songs because it would be too easy for you, you complete nutter.

6 Likes

Thanks. Yes I’m using Digi Pro Ensemble machines.

sorry, i haven’t kept up with this project so this may be answered elsewhere, but can this be MnM only or does it have to be both machines?

@knobgoblin F!Ck YES! great track

1 Like

Hilarious ! :smile:
For the ones that never watched it, there she goes !
SunamachiSoundSystem’s the name…,

2 Likes

There’s definitely gotta be some wonderful insanity to decide: I’m gonna recreate “there she goes” on a monomachine

1 Like

Thanks! Glad to see there are still some old ElektronUsers here! Yeah, you can do a track with just the MnM if you wanted. I think the only rules are no external processing other than eq/compression. Multi tracking is allowed. Allow for headroom and dynamics on the master bus because I’m gonna be mastering this thru a nice analog chain :slight_smile:

great! i’m in. I’ve a bunch of MnM patterns sitting around that i’ve been meaning to record.

Also, deadline?

Guys! I just got my MD in today! I don’t know why I sold it in the first place(I really do know, but damn for its purposes it’s SO amazing)

1 Like

Dude, like I’m trying to make switching in and out of classic mode worthwhile. I’m sure this has been suggested, but PLock volume to Zero on select trigs, and you basically have a simplified fill going on.

1 Like

Hey, that’s cool, never thought of that before!

1 Like