MD MK1 UW not receiving samples

Hi all.

I recently bought a MK1 UW MD. I can’t transfer samples to the UW. I am using C6. I can transfer OS by C6 but not samples. When I load a sample to send, it flashes through the send bar on the C6 in about a second but the MD doesn’t receive anything. It keeps displaying the “recieveing sample” message (or whatever it is that it displays).

Has anyone had this problem?

Yes is very common so you have to check your config on C6 also verify your samples, you can do something to check the data flow like using an app like Midi Monitor and try sending a sample from your MD to C6.

On C6 on the Sample Settings you can uncheck everything and match your format ie. wav or sds or what you’re using send a sample and start to test and I use the last one (send SPS-1UW name) but something you may note that the Elektron samples from the UW and sample packs flow like water so you can see from there! Hope that helps a little!

2 Likes

Great feedback, thank you. I was successful at transferring some Elektron pack samples, so that’s a brilliant start. I’ll try converting my samples to the best format first and see if that helps!

I’ve been spending the last couple of weeks creating sample banks, but it would have been impossible without the Elektron TM-1 or similar dedicated MIDI interface as the Clarett failed to provide the goods in this instance.

1 Like

I’d think the RME should be pretty tight.