MC 101 Best Paired with

I know I do… One day I shall dip into the OT!

MC101 and Cycles into Octatrack. Boom, complete setup. Even if you just use the Octatrack for the crossfader transition trick and master compression.

1 Like

I am very close to the OT, however I am scared of the learning curve on it! Any videos you can share on this composition?

I found this video very helpful. I’m not saying you NEED an OT, but it’s a nifty little setup with room to grow over time. The controls are a bit convoluted but once you set up this as your default template, it’s very easy to get going.

2 Likes

RE: sampler list I posted before…there is the new SP404 coming out. Might be worth a gander.

1 Like

But would it be worth it even without the sequencer?

I wasn’t aware it didn’t have any kind of sequencer.

MC101 works great with Digitakt since the stereo input monitoring update

1 Like

I may be wrong I haven’t really looked into it just heard some people mention dedicated sequencing on 404…

How so?

I haven’t used an SP since the 202 lol, it could be that maybe you can only input the sequence live.

previously you could only monitor in mono on the Digitakt, but the MC101 has lots of stereo FX. Also one can sequence the 101 from the Digitakt, which is arguably a more intuitive sequencer.

1 Like

Having had both, I recommend a second hand Digitakt, get a feel for Elektron sampling, then sell the Digitakt for near enough what you paid for it, then get the Octatrack, try that for a while, thinking back to simpler times with the Digitakt, then and only then will you be in the perfect position to decide whether you need the flexibility of the Octatrack or the immediacy of the Digitakt. It’ll take you a few months but you’ll get there :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. DT or DN are going to be much more intuitive than OT. Bonus points if you want to record into an iPad.

1 Like

Hmmm I may need to look that up. I am using a zoom h4n pro atm. Any advantages recording to an ipad?

If you already have an iPad you can hook up your MC101 to it as I believe it’s class compliant. IOS has a ton of different music apps, from synthesizers to effects to samplers. Look up AUM and Drambo if you’re interested.

1 Like