Maximum sample length?

Hi, what is the maximum sample length for a single sample for this device?

1 Like

I’ve gotten to about a minute so far. I think the max would be the project RAM amount at 11~ minutes. Probably a little excessive at that point for a single sample.

1 Like

My machine seems to cut off my samples pretty quickly… how did you get it to be a minute long?

Trig LEN should be set to INF. My best guess - don’t have a M:Samples anymore.

/thomas

2 Likes

If what @synthbie said doesn’t work (but should be set like that regardless) sounds like the sequence triggering it again? You’ll want to set a trig lock with a condition of 1st so it plays once and never again!

1 Like

Setting the trig to infinite and the decay to infinite extended the sample by a huge amount; so, this is tremendously helpful.

Still, it cuts it off after a point (I think). Are there any other settings to try to extend it?

Decay and sample length should be all you need to worry about… maybe make sure you don’t have weird lfo stuff happening? Full velocity and no wonky velocity settings? Try triggering chromatically? I’ve had multiple 2+ minute samples at a time run just fine on ms.

From the manual max sample time is 11 mins:

This is assuming you only use one sample ofc.

So basically all samples in the pool will be loaded to RAM (hence why it’s so fluid for switching out samples per step etc). So if you want longer samples, remove everything that is not used or use less RAM in general to make more space.

Seems pretty OP considering the DT only allows 30 seconds and is allegedly the more robust of the two elektron samplers.

Am I missing something?

You have a limit on what you can record through inputs L and R but you can load a sample that is longer from your computer.

2 Likes