Matthews Effects The Futurist MIDI pedal

MIDI FEATURES

Patches – send 16 messages per patch as well as patch specific Expression, Utility Jack and MIDI Clock settings with a total of 210 patches available.

Unique Patch Names – Each patch can be given a unique 8-character name for quick reference on the home screen.

Message Types – The Futurist has built in shortcuts for programming PC, CC, Note On and Note Off messages as well as a “Manual” option to program any kind of MIDI message making The Futurist accessible to those who are new to MIDI and also robust enough for veterans. Send any kind of MIDI message.

Custom Message Slots – A big frustration with MIDI is keeping track of all the different messages for your gear. With the custom message slots, you only need to look it up once. With 10 nameable Custom Message Slots it is quick and easy to setup a new preset with your most used MIDI messages.

CONNECTIONS

USB Midi communication over USB, manage presets and update firmware (with Matthews Effects Editor), and power The Futurist.

3.5mm TRS Midi In/Out – connect directly to devices that use a TRS connection for MIDI and can be used with adapters to connect to ¼ inch MIDI connections.

5 pin Midi In/Out – Connect to devices that use the traditional 5 pin midi connector. The jack can be internally set to be an In or Out connection with dip switches. Default set to output.

Utility Jack – Configurable to send analog tap tempo signals or as a latching or momentary switch.

Control Jack – Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically send Control Change messages over MIDI or configure the jack to accept 3 additional switches to expand the functionality of the futurist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_yvZcTMyw

4 Likes

Brilliant.

LOOK AT THAT I/O ARRAY

I have no idea what I’d use this for, but I want one.

1 Like

“What MIDI pedal?” is a question that comes up in Octatrack threads once in a while, especially users who play guitar or bass. The Futurist is yet another option for those folks.

I heard about The Futurist on the Chase Bliss Audio user group. “What MIDI pedal?” is a common question for CBA pedal owners too.