Mastering Digitakt Course - NEW Bonus material for all 3 parts

Hi fellow Elektronauts,

I’m really glad to be able to finally share this with my favorite forum ever :). Ever since creating Digitakt tutorials people have been asking for a video course that shows how I create grooves with Digitakt step by step. About two years ago I started thinking about how to do this properly and went through various brainstorms and script writing sessions. Then life got “in the way”. Bought a house, created a studio etc. But this year I was finally able to sit down and fully focus on creating this course.

The approach
The full course will dive deep into the Digitakt functionality and show from beginning to end how to get the most out of it. A look over my shoulder as I progress step by step in experimenting, creating and recording grooves… No quick video editing or skipping over things, but clear thorough explanations about a combination of Digitakt features, sound design theory and groove creation techniques.

The Full course in parts
It will be released part by part which you can buy separately or as a package as I release them. The outline I have in mind is as follows:

DT1: Basics & Groove Creation
DT2: Advanced techniques
DT3: Expert Techniques

For who is this?
For anyone from a total beginner who wants to quickly learn to use the Digitakt and create grooves, to experienced users who are looking to get inspired by new tricks, workflow and sound design ideas.

End result

• An enormous amount of video’s containing many hours of content.
  • A beautiful Digitakt Cheat Sheet created by me and our own Elektronaut @William_WiLD (you can download this cheat sheet for free in my store (davemech.live/shop)
  • A workbook for each part containing all subjects of each video, notes of things I talk about, tips that apear in screen, and key-combinations.
  • For each part the project I create during the course
  • Separate samples used in the projects

Costs
As I roll out each part, I create combinations of parts that you can buy. You can also buy each part separately. If you end up buying each part in this rolling out phase, you’ll pay the same as someone who will buy the entire full course when everything’s released.

Released parts of the course:
For each part of the course I’ll post the link to the store page where you can watch the introduction video, and a few videos of the course itself so you get an idea of what it looks like.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Combination deals

Part 1 + Part 2

Parts 2 + 3

Parts 1 + 2 + 3

Enjoy!
If you end up buying this course I sincerely hope you enjoy the heck out of it. And please let me know if you did. You can also leave a rating over on the gumroad page if you’d like. It helps spread the word :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Dave

39 Likes

This is a great idea and if I would buy a course from anyone it would definable from you.
Waiting for the next payday…

3 Likes

Hi Dave, a lot of new Nauts have problem using Overbridge with Digitakt (mostly, the MIDI part). Are you going to cover that subject in-depth? I know that you did some concise videos on this topic in the past.

3 Likes

Thank you for the trust and if you end up buying the course, enjoy :slight_smile: And let me know if you have any questions about the material!

Definitely! I do have a few videos on YouTube yeah, but in this course I’ll cover the subject from a real world situation. It’s probably going to be the last part of the course: DT7: Perform & Record. In that part I’ll go into setting things up to record the groove into a track in one go through overbridge and the possible editing process afterwards.

1 Like

Dave, I love your videos on YouTube and I think that this is a great idea! Wish you the best in this endeavor.

2 Likes

Fantastic idea!
Not a Digitakt owner but I think e-learning is a great way to share your knowledge with those who want to jump-start their journey.

How did you come up with the curriculum?

1 Like

Wow, Part 1 alone is over 100 minutes!

1 Like

hi Dave! thanks for your course and youtube video! Are there any plans for a similar course on analogfour?

1 Like

Thanks Almax !
If all goes well with this and my other things like lessons and mixing service I’ll have more time to create more videos on YouTube as well. That’s the plan at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Andreas!

It has been a long road. I’ve gone through multiple iterations on how to approach this in depth course. Wrote half a book of topics, outlines, scripts etc. Did some test recordings, threw them away, tried again, rinse repeat. So it has been a combination of research, trial & error, and getting feedback from friends and family and adjusting accordingly. Eventually I settled on this current this current curriculum. The ultimate idea is that has to feel like free-flow, like looking over my shoulder while I’m creating something and seeing a combination of the workflow, functions, workarounds, etc. Most importantly: it shouldn’t be a manual read through, but a real world flow of creating grooves and going through each stage until the finished “product”: a releasable track.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Not sure about Analog 4. Octatrack and Digitone will come after Digitakt first and then I’ll take it from there. Analog 4 is a bit less popular than these other boxes, so I’d have to see if it’s worth the immense time investment.

Definitely the man I’d turn to for Digitakt tips… Good luck with this, Dave!

1 Like

Dave, thanks for your insight. Love that you are so transparent and the hands-on style of your teaching is a really good idea. Giving an over the shoulder look makes total sense.

1 Like

Thanks Kairos !

Cheers Andreas. Enjoying it a lot and it’s great to see how people take steps with some of the i formation I share, also on YouTube :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is very very nice!

1 Like

Bit late, but thanks! :slight_smile:

So far I’ve gotten super positive responses from buyers. Very glad to see people are happy with the course. It goes beyond the general YouTube video where mostly you see functions or tricks being explained. The course shows every step I take to create a coherent groove and explained is why each function is used to get a specific effect. And people seem to like that very much.

Going to start production of part 3 this Wednesday. Depends a bit on when our kid’s going to be born if I get to finish it in one month, or 3 to 4 :wink:

3 Likes

Hej Papa! Awesome news!

1 Like