Master Track Question

Yes. Configured to playback samples. I’m still really none the wiser as to why the leds remained on when nothing was assigned except my original samples?(on playback.)

Press [FUNC] + [REC1] and then go through all tracks and check if SRC3=off.

If it is set, for example, to MAIN somewhere the leds indicate the strength of the MAIN signal.

And this has nothing to do with the flex machines. The recorders are completely independent units. The leds indicate that you have one or more recorders configured to listen to the corresponding source (AB/CD/SRC3).

1 Like

If it happens again i will thanks. Hopefully it wont. :slight_smile:

Another newbie question. I am playing live and on a track i switch samples in the menu. I have 64 steps(4 pages in pattern length) set up. Instead of retriggering on the very first page though which i want it to. It triggers on the first trig of all 4 pages. Even though there is only one sample trig laid down on the first page. I think it maybe quantisation. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Cheers.

If the sample is 1 bar in length, with loop it would seemingly repeat at the beginning of each bar. How long is the sample?

Way over 1 bar. 15 seconds in length.

Are you sure about that? Depending on your PERSONALIZE settings (DIS. PAGE AUTOCOPY) trigs can get automatically generated for each new page when extending the pattern length.

4 Likes

Oh boy!. You are right. Its happened again. Its laying down trigs by itself. I’m going to have to turn off this in Personalize. Twice bitten so to speak. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This feature is very useful when performing live and extending a track, because otherwise you be quite in a hurry to lay down trigs on the new page(s).

3 Likes

Yes. I can see why. Are there any other Personalize things of note that may catch me out?

With the implementation of trig preview PREVIEW WITHOUT FX had become more important. Previously I had it always turned off (to preview samples in it’s original state when selecting them), but to utilize the new trig preview feature I’ve switched it on.

The other settings won’t catch you, but can be quite useful. There are to many of them to explain them in a comment. I would suggest you give the corresponding manual pages a good read.

2 Likes

Cheers. I will. I’ve even printed it out for good measure. Preview without FX sounds a great update.

I always have quick record off, arm yes no off, and stop stop arm off, belt and braces :laughing:

2 Likes

I turned on quick record. One less button to press. Can i ask why you don’t have it turned on?

Just habit really, I prefer to have multi button combos for most functions which invoke a potential to lose the contents of a buffer. I guess it is down to what you get used to though.

3 Likes

Ah yes i see your logic. Almost like how Astronauts work. Less chance of failure by having more than one button. Good thinking!

Yeah quick record is very handy, until you accidentally do it, but I think it comes down to what you are doing, like for certain live sampling situations it is probably better on.

2 Likes

I’ve got another problem i’ve just run into.
I loaded a new project with samples assigned to the Static machines. I laid down trigs on every page about 4 on each. I sliced it into 16 bits. I created linear locks. And did a bit of LFO and micro-timing. All great. But then i went to do another track and messed up so went back to original track. Something wasn’t right. So i removed it and reloaded it. When the trigs played this time they echoed as if the trig was being played very very fast on each trig of every page. So i removed all trigs and parameters and lfo’s etc etc with clear. I then reloaded the sample again but its being repeated very fast on each trig.
I checked in the Audio Editor and on FUNC and YES the samples are fine. They are exactly as i had loaded them to the machines. But the trigs are holding some information despite clearing them and everything else to make sure. Can someone explain what i might have overlooked? Cheers.

Oh and i turned the OT on and off for good measure just in case.

Playback page 2, slice mode ON.

Did you check that?

Playback page 1 retrig 1. Did you check that?

Then microtiming, trig count 1. Did you check that?

3 Likes

Yes thanks. Its something ive just sorted. Why is it always the last thing! It was Timestretching. I had dramtically changed the tempo after turning off timestretching. Go from 120 to 30. So when i reloaded it was playing back as 120 and not 30. I had to change it back to the one i altered of 30. Thanks for helping though. Much appreciated

1 Like