Massive price reductions on MD(UW) and MM

wow, and about $889 US after shipping to the states and subtracting the VAT.

That nord drum 2 tho…
How do the two compare for you?

That nord drum 2 tho…
How do the two compare for you?[/quote]
I think MD’s kicks are better for techno, and farther reaching. More modulation options if you want to venture beyond just drums.
ND2 is great for percussion sounds and more interesting noise hats.
At these prices, best to have both.

That nord drum 2 tho…
How do the two compare for you?[/quote]

At these prices, best to have both.[/quote]
:+1:

Almost. I almost pressed the order button.

Just finally got a Dominion 1 and Prophet 6 and I am NOT going to get any new gear just now.

Can someone sugest when we will see a price drop in the stores, the price of a mnm is still 2000 in Australia almost 2500 for a md2? Not the best of times for synth prices down here!

[quote="" TrabanT""]

i was pretty impressed with ur language skillz https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/vertual[/quote]
Erm…yeah I mean…I meant to do it :slight_smile:

I imagine it would depend on the kind of deal your store has with Elektron, or the Elektron distributor for your continent…if they operate in such a way.

If they don’t have some kind of price regulation deal, sale-or-return, or some such setup… they may not adjust their prices at all. At least, they may not be obliged to …

anyway, best to email the actual store rather than have randomers on the internet speculate about it : )

[quote="“PeterHanes”"]

That’s not true in the way you stated it. If you’re referring to this thread:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/fm-lets-talk-about-it/17505/143290
then you weren’t asking whether you could simple “play chords”; you asked whether you could “manually play chords with one note being FM+, 2nd note being the voice modeler, etc.”.

If you just want to play chords on the MM, you can use POLY mode to play any one track’s sound polyphonically.[/quote]
Very happy to be corrected here.
Thanks!

i would say that monomachine and machine drum WILL be around for years to come.

theyre well built , and even if elektron stopped selling them today , theyd be floating around on ebay in 20 years time in good condition.

just like all the juno’s , roland gear , akai gear , moog gear is still on ebay after 20 / 30 years.

You can copy one Machine (sound) from one kit to the other. You can also change one sound manually. You can also copy sequences but not sounds if you like. There are a lot of great options on the Monomachine for mixing things up.

Want to warn people that the midi sequencing on the MD is great for triggering samples on external gear but has some limiting bugs. I have observed 2 things which make it impractical for general sequencing

1. The second step never sends MIDI when you start playing from the start of the pattern, but it does each time the pattern repeats
  2. The note length feature is broken. Note length choices are very limited and sometimes it doesn’t send a note off at all

MM is the one for midi sequencing but of course its 6 tracks with fixed midi channels.

On the question of MnM vs MD, I went with MnM because it appears to have more synthesis capability, it has an arp that can generate polyrhythms, and when I improvise, I tend to load up just one Project/Kit/Preset on my preset-storing devices and just tweak the shit out of it. I don’t like to switch presets that much because it disrupts the flow of improvisation for me.

For a guitar player (conventional usage), it would be the equivalent of stopping to unplug and replug pedals in the middle of an inspired guitar solo or whatever.

For a Hammond B3 player, it would be equivalent of stopping to flip a bunch of switches in silence for 2 min.

MonoMachine is out of stock on Elektron’s site. I guess the over stock problem is now solved LOL

I very much second your warnings re: shortcomings in the MD midi sequencer. I spent some time trying to sequence what I thought to be fairly straight forward midi commands in changing programs and engaging/bypassing effects on my strymon timeline and had nothing but trouble getting it to work consistently. Especially in song mode.

Just tried this and both work fine.
MD OS 1.61c controlling my Shruthi.
Just sticking up for my beloved MM.

Just sticking up for my beloved MM.[/quote]
How funny, just tried this again and depending on note length, your right, the second note intermittently doesn’t triger.

Seems to miss the second trig only when set to 2/32 or 3/32.
0/32 just plays random short trigs, not sure why you would need a note length of 0 anyway.

Sorry to spoil your day with these bugs! Its fine for triggering one shot samples but a few odd things happen for anything else.

Just sticking up for my beloved MM.[/quote]

typo ? cos BoomTish is talking about the MD, not the MM