Manual input of chords is weird

I’m talking about inputing notes in grid recording mode. Hold a trig, hit the UP or DOWN arrow and use the little graphical keyboard.
To add a note, you have to hit YES, and it adds a note one semitone upper. Then you change the second note to the correct note. Result is, when you’re finished with inputing your chord, it adds another note. You have then to delete it. Having to delete a “ghost” note every time i input a chord is so annoying.

What i suggest is : when you hit a step button, it doesn’t input a note value until you release it. So you would hold the button, scroll to the note, hit YES. Then scroll to another note, hit YES, etc…

What do you guys think ?

Replying to myself : you don’t have to hit YES when you’re finished with the last note. Just release the step trig.
Still i find the workflow a bit weird.

that’s more close to OT’s behavoir… I actually like the new chord insert method on the dedicated page

There is another way to input notes in GRID RECORDING mode that might fit you better. Have a look at 10.2.3 GRID RECORDING USING TRACK NOTE METHOD in the manual and try it out.

4 Likes

Do the notes get cut off at the next trig even if the length is set to last longer?

1 Like

Nope. The sequencer is polyphonic.

4 Likes