Making the octa self-trigger oneshot tracks?

is that even possible, or am i misunderstanding the concept? are oneshot tracks only possible to trigger manually by finger or is possible to make octatrack trigger its own one shot tracks, so lets say, midi track 4 would only play once in pattern a3 by some internal command within the octa but not my fingers? it would make huge impact on the arrengement i’m programming and future programming. maybe i’ts possible to make other midi track, lets just say midi track 8 on channel 8 trig one shot track on track 3 within the same pattern?

thanks!

1 Like

One shot trig?

Are you refering to one shot trigs as a solution? if so, how? One shot trigs and one shot tracks are not the same thing… one shot tracks is a feature that you select holding fnct + bank while not in record mode and there you select play free + one shot track and select if the track is quantized or not etc. its a super cool feature, but i’d rather not trigger the one shot tracks manually as my hands are being used elsewhere most of the time.

edit: as far as i understand the octa, there are no one shot midi triggers, so how could I use an one shot trig to trigger an one shot track?

Yes, I see. There’s a difference…
I imagine it depends on what’s going on the track you want to trig…I mean, it is a loop?

I don’t really use play free, but I use sometimes oneshot trigs with long samples. That’s why
I thought it could be a solution for u…

ah i see, thank you though! i need the midi notes, not samples, as i use midi events as gates for eurorack cv manipulation…

Anyone knows how to make the octa fire oneshot track once at the start of a new pattern? :slight_smile: there must be a way.

1 Like

Why don’t you use a pattern with a regular track for that ?
You play it once and use Arranger if you want to automate patterns, loop patterns…

Thats plan b. So the other way is not possible?

You can play a one plays free midi track with a midi note, (see appendix C note mapping) but this one should be a one shot too if you want to play it once. :sketchy:

Not sure to understand what you want to do but if you want to play several times the one shot plays free you might be able to play it with midi notes from another track.

Ah thats probably what im looking for! I can see many creative ways of doing it that way (not muting the tracks in the arranger). Need to experiment and scratch my head some more. Thanks!

Ok, let us know. I will try if you don’t succeed.