Make Noise modular

Thanks for the tips, I think the Maths will join the party, will probably add the Dpo at a later stage, got my eye on some other stuff but I think I’ll start off with the one brand.

1 Like

Good shout, I forgot about that, is there anything I could use to tame it before sending it out? Cheers

thumbs up for maths! I started slow with one minicase, another minicase and a bastl skiff. It´s true if you have only 2 or a handfull of modules it can become uninspired … but IT IS one good way! You can just buy some modules to add another synth voice (and a clouds) to your Analog Four. That´s what I did and it took me nearly one year (of watching amezing videos and tutorials on youtube) to finally go with a 6U 104hp case and I added (and changed) some more modules … and the real fun and inspirations beginns :slight_smile:

Bear in mind … a module with a single lfo or single envelope … is cool! I kept my Doepfer LFO. But with a module with 4 lfos which can interact in some way (like Batumi does or Maths for envelopes) you can go really grazy in sounddesign and modulation over time … modulate the modulator! :smiley:

So my goal is to add some additional and different sound flavour and technics to my A4. Adding a wavefolder (like Ultrawave) is awesome (and the A4 is not able to wavefold).

I use a MI Veils Quad VCA for sending out to my RME Fireface. And it´s sounds good! Another option would be to use MI Clouds … with it´s Gain IN knob. With a Quad VCA like veils you can use it also as kind of a send … Just split the VCA Out of the synth voice. Send one signal direkt to your soundcard and the 2. single into VCA in of the 2nd VCA channel. That output goes into Clouds. With nothing pachted into cv in of the 2. VCA channel you can use the knob like a send and tweak the amoung of volume sending to Clouds / FX.

A question: Do you sync your modular to your other Gear or DAW?

oh interesting inside on the Tempi!!! I have a Pamelas Workout but in will not get synced thight to the A4 … So was thinking about a Tempi too. But doesn´t it have (automatic) run/stop behavior?

I believe with v31 firmware you can substitute the mod bus for stop/start & a state with reset. But then you’re sacrificing other mod capabilities such as rotation. It doesn’t have a dedicated ‘reset’ in like the 4ms.
It’s a real shame b’cos I loved it rotating/random multiplication, giving mixed odd divisions.
1 ka di ka
2 ka di ka di
3 & a
4 ka di ka di ka di
etc…
You’d get these wicked patterns begging to be reset, ah well…
Tykson labs Chaos Divider is really good, expensive & was a limited run so probably hard to source. Borrowed one for a weekend, damn fine but I couldn’t justify the expense.

TBH, I’m really happy with 4ms RCD, it does what it says on the tin, can patch on the fly live, job done. Tempi button combos are a pain to remember if you’ve not used it for a while.

Edit… new Pams on the horizon, might not be this year though?

yeah I saw a new pam is coming out now. I have the old Pam but I´m not soo happy with syncing it to A4 Din Sync or via Yarns Midi to Clock.

Hey everyone,

Just curious if anybody has experience with the Make Noise Morphagene? I’m considering getting one but not yet sure as it would be my start with Eurorack (maybe a small start with Morphagene and Make Noise Maths). I’m very interested as they promote it as a perfect device for musique concrete style and I want to work with that in upcoming projects. But from watching videos it seems as if I could do similar things with a DAW e.g. with Simpler in Ableton. So it is more for people who are into Eurorack and want to work sample based?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

D

You could also consider the Reflex Liveloop - it has a midi expander which gives you full control besides its cv and trig inputs and might suit interaction with Octatrack - amongst other things it’s a stereo looper, delay, granularizer, windower and slicer.
Not sure if it is as clinically splice/gene focused as the morphogene, but it definitely does the grain and micro loop within a micro loop windowing thing with pitch/speed manipulation

also the 4ms stereo triggered sampler

I don’t know if I’d jump on board with the two modules you mentioned, but Maths would certainly offer an interesting matrix of potential routings.

In my short time with eurorack, I’m finding the most interesting results arise from a variety of CV/audio manipulation. Maths being so capable, e.g. envelopes, LFOs, sum, end-of-rise/cycle triggers, attenuverters, and more, would be fun but you might quickly want to add modules.

hi, I’m new to the world of modular starting with a little rack. I’m doing sound design with it rather than a typical techno approach. therefore I had a look at the MN Rosie module, with which I want to route signals to the OT or other pedals, for example. how do you handle that following your warning, is there a better way to route signals and process them between modular and other boxes? thanks

Take a look at this module :smiley:
http://nw2s.net/product/nw2s-io/