macOS 13 Ventura: What runs, what not

Oh wow. Is that just Reaktor 6 or did the also do 5

Actually will login and look. Whoops I have Reaktor 6 - been that long I forgot

1 Like

most of my gear works fine with ventura except the old virus ti plugin but I use Aura MI anyways and that works fine.

Anybody using Kontakt 6 on Ventura? I know officially only v7 is supported.

Also how is Ventura running on Intel? I have 2017 27" iMac with i5 and 8GB ram, currently on Big Sur and running nicely.

It was updated for Arm and Monterey last year. Ive briefly used it on Ventura and it works ok for me but ive not really hammered it

1 Like

So am I pretty safe upgrading to this yet? Been holding off but itā€™s been a while nowā€¦

1 Like

Ventura users are advised to update to v13.4.1 Ā© ASAP.
iOS/iPadOS users are also concerned.

Reference is CVE-2023-37450.

macOS Ventura 13.4.1 ( a )

Released July 10, 2023

WebKit

Available for: macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Impact: Processing web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

Description: The issue was addressed with improved checks.

CVE-2023-37450: an anonymous researcher

macOS Ventura 13.4.1 ( c )

Released July 12, 2023

Rapid Security Response macOS Ventura 13.4.1 Ā© includes the security content of Rapid Security Response macOS Ventura 13.4.1 (a) and fixes an issue that prevents some websites from displaying properly.

1 Like

Just upgraded to Ventura and now I see that Sonoma is coming outā€¦ Is there a new macos every year?!

1 Like

Only since 2001 (maybe with an exception here and there).

And hereā€™s a timeline for you as well so you can check how often Apple releases larger updates.

Edit: In the Windows-realm these named releases are pretty much the same thing as 2XH1 or 2XH2 etc, just with a pretty name.

Yes - for as long as Iā€™ve been on Mac at any rate.

Sonomaā€™s looking OK so far with my testing btw.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only had a Mac since a year. Iā€™m still on Monterey.

For me an upgrade would essentially take more space and resources and prevent me to use softwares.
What would you say would be the advantages and flaws to upgrade if I use my laptop mainly to make music?

No need to upgrade unless you really need the features in the new versions. If it ainā€™t brokeā€¦

2 Likes

It IS broke. Apple does not issue all security patches for old OSes.

Donā€™t get hacked, update your mac! :blush:

1 Like

Yes but security updates can go over and up to 10 years. Security and Safari will be safe.

Iā€™m on Big Sur and still get updates. My machine is so old, Big Sur is the last supported OS for my machine.

My iPhone 8 still gets updates.
Iā€™ve never had busted shit. But my phone is all cracked. I even glued bits of glass that broke offā€¦back on

I need to update my hardware! fuuuu.

need a go fund me or something so I can afford to :frowning:

1 Like