Machinedrum Volume Pot Replacement

So I got a Machinedrum a little while ago, but the volume pot is bad, there are many spots where I get no or very bad audio out of the left side, this is true of the headphone and main outs. I can turn the volume knob and sometimes I can get it to sound right, but it is very inconsistent.

I work on electronics for a living, and am very comfortable with repairs. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement potentiometer for volume? I emailed elektron but their support is backed up and they are understandably prioritizing their existing devices, so I haven’t heard back. Just wondering if any of the gurus here knew of a part number or source.

5 Likes

Just to follow up on this, I ordered some replacement pots, opened the device up, and realized that all the volume pot front panel connections are on a connector, so before replacing the pot I just cleaned the contacts with deoxit and that solved the problem, so anyone thinking they need to replace the pot, maybe try just cleaning the contacts before trying to desolder the old pot.

3 Likes

Same problem here. Do Elektron still sell UI-boards for machinedrum mkii’s?

They did about a year ago, probably still do. If it is just the volume pot though it is a very easy replacement if you’re comfortable soldering!

1 Like