Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

Yep, did to reset the modified parameters.
I don’t remember if the kit was saved.
I’ll do ASAP a test on a new pattern and kit with the two ways, with and without a saved kit.

Quick question, I couldn’t find this in the search but I just wanted to confirm - are these new OS versions only for Machinedrum UWs (but can be uploaded to mk1s or mk2s?)

any MD will take the update, UW or non UW

1 Like

Any other MacOS+TM-1 users else find this update particularly difficult to upload compared to previous updates? Started off with the TM-1, turbo enabled, and after the first failure began toying with various combinations of transmit rates and message delays in Sysex Librarian; the MD still kept showing errors anywhere between 5% and 99% through the transfer. After about 24 hours of intermittent attempts, I swapped the TM-1 out with a Blokas Midihub, and had success with 200ms message delay + 50% transmit rate.

I did drop my TM-1 about a month ago, but only from ~ waist height, and it seemed to take the hit just fine - it would be a shame if gravity has injured it. Guess I could try the MCL next time, since it also supports Turbo mode…

Machinedrum X.05B Hotfix :hot_pepper:

** Bug Fixes **

• Fixed MIDI Program Change regression. Program Change messages would be ignored if they
    were outside of base channel range.
  • Enhanced mode: In some circumstances, GUI keys would become stuck.

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS_X.05B.zip
mdx_4

25 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks a lot guys, it’s a super cool update! It’s blowing away the potential of the MD. Any idear if the Enhance mode works with the octatrack midi sequencer?

No it wont work that way. The controlling device needs to be carefully designed to leverage the MD’s new enhanced mode functionality.

1 Like

Hey guys,
I just got my hands on an sps-1 mk.1 - does the new os work with that version of the MD?

1 Like

All versions are compatible.
(Need to make it clear on the first post ?)

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

Ok. Justin you’ve done an incedible work here, the NFX machines are just genial and they stay in the Elektron spirit. Bravo

3 Likes

whoaaaaaa!!! insane thanks for your hard work and making this possible!!

It’s so cool that you are building new stuff for this wonderful machine!

It’s probably answered already somewhere, but is it possible to run this without the MC?

yes it is!

2 Likes

Sweet!! Just got a used Rytm that I need to learn first, but looking forward to installing this and getting back to the OG :smiley:

Confirmed, that was the case :wink:

1 Like

I think I am going to take the plunge and install the latest this weekend and get back into it.

I’m confused by this. Isn’t that what you want?

1 Like

Program change messages are used to switch patterns in tandem with other devices and the MD can be set to listen for them on any channel. I have not experienced this bug but I assume it was not working if your base channel was 1 for example and the program change channel was 5 so outside the range of 1…4.

6 Likes