Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

it worked with that cable ! thanks mate. quick and easy, and now i have a tonal MD! :smiley:
thanks geniuses for the update, this is insane
for reference, i have the SPS MK1 and yes the update works without the UW or +Drive

2 Likes

Man, I know Iā€™m late to the party here, but I canā€™t tell yā€™all the number of times Iā€™ve thought ā€œI hope someone gets their hands on the source code for the MD and tries to wring out every last bit of mojo that 20-year-old collection of siliconā€™s got left in it. Well done gentlemen. Well done, indeed.

4 Likes

Hi, this is amazing work. Any plans for length-per machine sequencing in the roadmap? That would make the MD sequencer so much more powerful on its own!!!

2 Likes

Canā€™t speak for the devs but I think I saw an answer to this along the lines of ā€œnoā€. What you should do in the meantime is get yourself a Megacommand, then you will have scale per track, microtiming and trig probability.

3 Likes

Can anyone shed some light on why my X.05 MD no longer wants to be sequenced with external midi? It seems to recognise external midi when in the mapping screen onlyā€¦

make sure you have X.05C installed.

1 Like

Is there a tutorial to the new firmwares ?

Hi pal. Just reinstalled C version but only midi channel 1 triggers tracks. 2-16 not responsive unless in map page. My favourite midi sequencer is fixed at channel 14. Is there a way around thisā€¦ is this the same on all X.05C firmware or just me?

Did you adjust the midi base channel in global settings? I was triggering my x.05 from Yamaha DD-65 drum pads last night, stuck on MIDI ch 10

Yeah, base channel set to listen to midi channel 14. Iā€™ve actually got another MD running original firmware and the controller works as it should so definitely not the settings on the sequencer Iā€™m using. Iā€™ve reinstalled the X.05C and the only channel that transits midi is midi channel 1 when set to 1-4 base channel. When Iā€™m in the map page and I trig channel 14 the MD recognises it and tracks are triggered but as soon as I exit the mappings page thereā€™s no response. Only midi channel 1 is recognised.

Is there a specific thing youā€™d want to learn about the X.05? In the absence of actual (Youtube) tutorials, maybe someone here can help you. :slightly_smiling_face:

You are right. Thanks :slight_smile: I am mainly interested in NFX machines. How to use them creatively etc. Would be nice to watch some tutorials about the topic or a thread with tips and tricks how others are using them. Also about the MegaCommand. I know there is a manual for that, I will just start to read it, but would thank for some tutorials if there is any !?

Potentially silly question. If I do a factory reset on the MD with X.05 it definitely doesnā€™t do something weird like revert to the original OS?

uhhhhā€¦I just tried to install X.05c and C6 says doneā€¦but the MD is sitting at Light 14 on the seq and light 8 on the selector lights.

is this thing boned?

I dunno if I can turn it offā€¦or start again. :confused:
the sysex file I have is 1.7mb

I just said fuck it, turned it offā€¦no problem, but it doesnā€™t seem to upgrade it just sits their saying ready to receive, while the lights go thru their update proc.

tried using Sys-Lib insteadā€¦the install doesnā€™t finish. I mean all 1.7m is complete in the transfer but the MDā€™s lights donā€™t make it to completion.

I canā€™t update. MDUW MKII

Sounds like an issue with the MIDI transfer.

2 Likes

Nope

2 Likes

try a sysex librarian where you can slow the transfer down, introduce a delay between packets. Sysex Librarian on osx can do this.

What th0mas said. Mine was failing until i turned it down to 6x speeds.
(using the tm-1 and c6)

1 Like

I dont use the TM-1. I have it transferring at x1. slow as all get outā€¦but that has always werked.
what config setting should it be set too. its been SO long I cant remember whatā€™s what. all I have checked SDS handshake

re sys-lib, im not using any speed enhancements. just defaultā€¦unless perhaps its default is fast. then slow it down?

so far 7 tries, no luck.

nowā€¦COULD it be that I may have already done the 5c update and thatā€™s the problem? its too bad its not indicated anyways which beta it is.

should I try changing these settings?

could something on that list be a conflict?
I dunno, never had this issue before.

If youā€™re using the Komplete Kontrol, yes, slow it down.