Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.10 Released [ Unofficial ]

TF is a sysex dump??

Did you ever put the autechre patches on your MD? Its like that, but in reverse :wink:

Check page 65 for kits and such and page 83-85 for the OS

You’ll need to use c6 (not transfer). If your computer will no longer run c6, either run it in a VM (which i do) or if you are on a mac, use can use the app: sysex librarian.
(Not sure what you’d use on windows (or Solaris))

2 Likes

Firstly - thank you for being patient with me!

Secondly - I had no idea that Autechre had source data available for the MD :open_mouth::eyes::eyes: Definitely will look into that…

I have an older 2012 Macbook with Sierra that I wonder can use C6? If not I might have to go the Vm route….wish me luck!

1 Like

Sysex Librarian is great for Mac users. Many thanks for continuing to update this product. I wonder what’s in store for the Monomachine and Megacommand!

Sierra will work. It’s Catalina and on it’s broken (32bit app).
Might as well just import that older MacBook into a vm and then never have to deal w/ the hardware part. :slight_smile:

(I’m addicted to vms, so you probably shouldn’t take my advice, lol)

1 Like

Individual track lengths and conditional trigs are part of what MC offers for the MD. Or are you talking about the Monomachine?

I believe they are asking for the additional functionality to be made available without Megacommand tethering.

I don’t think that’s possible

2 Likes

(I’m addicted to vms, so you probably shouldn’t take my advice, lol)

I do want your advice! I’m having a crap time getting any of my old MBs to run as VM under M1. What virtualization software do you recommend?

It’s not going to happen. The Megacommand is a steal when you appreciate the number of years of unpaid dev work behind MDX and MCL And it’s open source…

14 Likes

I’ve always used vmware, but it’s god awful on m1. Parallels is the best option now on m1, but they’re subscription now. UTM is probably your 2nd best bet.

Most of them are on 2012 macmini quadcores running baremetal vmware. They’re cheap and small and still decently powered for most mundane tasks, plex, and running things like akai.sys or Squirrel Kombat.

2 Likes

Is there new functionality with the new Monomachine_SFX6-60_OS_X.01A OS or is it just for MegaCMD control?

The new behavior is listed in the post you’re replying to.

Updates

Monomachine will now transmit corresponding MIDI CC when muting/unmuting tracks.

1 Like

Wait…what…Monomachine update?

This has probably been asked and answered but I haven’t been following this thread as I don’t own an MD.

However, I am thinking about getting one again and wondered if this unofficial update also applies to the non UW version of the MD.

I would page through the posts but it’s getting late and I’m rather tired.

Thanks for any info.

Adam

Yes it does.

2 Likes

Cheers for the quick reply. Appreciated!

2 Likes

According to MCL_Documentation_4_2_0.pdf

MonoMachine Settings:

Upgrade your MNM to the latest MNMX OS.

MCL communicates with the MonoMachine using SYSEX messages, and will configure your MNM’s current global settings automatically.

So no new functionality on the Monomachine as yet other than the MegaCMD can set global setting to the Monomachine.

Sounds like I will be upgrading all my machines this weekend.

1 Like

Are conditional trigs for MnM with the MCL to be expected at some point?