Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

64 = A
Add/Subtract 2 notches per semitone

Itā€™s A imo

1 Like

So just updated to this firmware, damnā€¦ so I used to have the bug with pattern switching hanging very often which not made me use the md mkI non uw for a very long time at any gig. for about 6 years!! It seems its gone now and also at start up it doesnt freeze anymore fuck yeah! this is amazing! just one question I noticed that when I switch patterns sometimes all the machines reset to default ( knob settings at 12 o clock) so I still wished that I didnt sell my command or but if I remember correctly I send to one of you guys who created this firmware I could be mistaken but if so I am glad I did

Is that on kits that have a CTRL-AL loaded? Or just on regular kits? Cuz on regular kits that never happens to me on my UW+ mk2

Hi need to rectifyā€¦ it happens on all machines in a specific kit and yes this kit has a ctrl al loaded in it. other kits without control al sound fine the specific kit after reload goes back to the kit setting.

Hi, quick question.
I know this has been covered previously, in part anyway, but to be clear is the minicommand with the MDMonster firmware is completely incompatible with X.04?

Shouldnā€™t be. Have you tried?

Thanks. Just have now and no response. I am selling the minicommand, but just wanted to be clear with buyers it wonā€™t function with this update.

Sorry JV have I misinterpreted your response? Are you saying it should work with the X.04? I couldnā€™t get the MC to bootload the current kit etc

Edit: wrong thread

hey dee, as I have the same setup Iā€™d be super interested in Justins answer. Could you share this precious information? thanks so much :slight_smile:

Of course

Been having fun with the new GND machines. I realize there is no HOLD parameter on these and am thinking about uploading a couple of simple waveforms to my UW to use for melodic elements but is anyone hacking HOLD with GND-X? How do you do it? P-lock DEC to 127 and manually place the tails? Problem there is restart of any LFO in TRIG modeā€¦ unless itā€™s a hard cut (VOL = 0). Maybe SLIDE is the answerā€¦ but again LFO might be retriggered Iā€™d have to try it.

1 Like

My experience with using these on vol was that there was a lot of clicking or are you saying you fixed it? Because that would be awesome.

Hello all.

Was going to make a new thread for this problem Iā€™ve just had, but I think it could be a bug in this OS upgrade.

Been using my MD UWMkII with this awesome upgrade and a very weird thing has happened.

When I tweaked the CTR-8P Machine on Channel 16 on my MD, my Octatrack (which picks up MIDI clock from MD, stopped playing ALL samples. Some message must have been sent from one of the CTR-8P parameters, but what ever it has done, it has essentially BROKEN my Octatrack.

OT will now not play samples, except, wierdly, on CH5, but no other channels make any sound at all. I can see the samples play back in the editor, and I can see that the keyboard is triggering them, but no sound is heard.

Yes, I tried an empty reset, and then I even re-upgraded the OTā€™s OS. Nothing. OT is fucked.

Any ideas anyone?!!!

the ā€œmixer module defectā€ is a known element of the MDs audio processing that can cause clicks at high modulation speeds, it still exists in X.
in the case iā€™m referencing modulating volume to 0 with the LFO bringing it back up shouldnā€™t cause clicks. I can definitely ā€œclickā€ the filter if it pings to high, itā€™s about trying to find the spots/limits of the LFO depth/speed and parameter settings where it doesnā€™t.

is this the case with the MD still attached to MIDI in? or is the OT standalone?

Yeah this is the case with no midi connections to OT at all. Even after empty reset, and re-upgrading OT OS, but obviously, MIDI was connected when this happened.

=(

i donā€™t own an OT so am speculating, sounds like something to do with cue/main outputs? probs best to ask in an OT thread.

Yeah I probably should, but it happened when using this new MD upgrade, and Iā€™ve had OT running perfectly for years, itā€™s on most recent OS, etcā€¦ so I thought I should note it hereā€¦ and if Iā€™m lucky get some help!!

Thanks for reply :wink:

and itā€™s not the cue/input settings, Iā€™ve been through all troubleshooting I can think of, itā€™s literally a glitch, and it happened when tweaking a machine on MD, so itā€™s related somehowā€¦