Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

syncs a bit off as i haven’t finished my tea yet.
1 GND-PW triggering 16 LFOS:

6 Likes

Thank you ! (I love tea two)
Is there a difference between x.04 and other officials firmware if we talk about syncing LFOs ?

Thank you

only that with OS1.63 you could have one trig position per track, with X.04 you still get one but can chain them together from one source like in the clip.

2 Likes

But how do you do that ? It’s what I didn’t understood from the x.04 note release.
Is there a chain menu ?

Trigger groups can be arbitrarily chained. **
For example, you can set track 1 to trigger track 2 and track 2 to trigger
track 3, and thus track 1 will trigger all three tracks.

What is the menu to do this ?
I don’t understand because in the past we had already the possibility to trig one machine from an other…

Thanks in advance guys.

The trig relation previously only worked across one hop, so you couldn’t really make a massive chain. From p17 of the manual:

damn i didn’t realize x.04 had this. thanks!

1 Like

Before chaining more than 2 machines wouldn’t work when trigged from the first in the chain, now it does. So you can trig many machines. No new menu. Same TRIG POS in the KIT EDIT screen.

1 Like

Thank you ! Okay :ok_hand:

Hi Justin, I’m using the Sysex Librarian to upgrade my Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MKII. The last time I upgraded the OS was to the last “official” Elektron OS. The “read this” section of the zip file refers to the old CS6 (?) midi upgrade system. I’m a little nervous, but it seems to be working. First step was installing the Sysex Librarian. Then I downloaded the OS X.04 zip file. I opened the file, and dragged it to the Sysex File reader. I connected the midi cables to my MOTU AVB ultralite… and first performed the MIDI Send, and am now at 3865 KB of 15278 KB. The tracks seems to be loading… but if this doesn’t work… is there another page of directions for the data OS transfer available?
Also, (should have asked this question BEFORE I started doing this, if it doens’t work, can I reinstall the most recent elecktron OS?
Thanks so much for your hard work. I’m so freekin exited to get going with the new OS.
Brad

You should be fine. Ive used sysex librarian a hundred times.
Its just at 1x speed.

1 Like

It will be fine to upgrade this way, just slow.

You can downgrade to the last official OS should you chose to.

1 Like

Guys this update is amazing… New LFOs on New machines is just astonishing… Combined with the trig chaining for triggin LFOs it’s just superb

Do you planned to re update one day ? I think I readed something like that

Justin, it went smoothly! Now I’m digging in…
Thanks much for your prompt response. Feels like a new machine!!!
Brad

1 Like

¡Gracias Mi Cabeza!
Brad :smiley:

Is there any OS X.04 writing, perhaps even an updated manual, available for purchase or download?
Thanks, Brad

this thread… :slight_smile: the changelog in the zip documents what you need to know. nothing else has changed function wise beyond those additions.

note 0 on poly machines correspond to A tho ?

I think pitch 0 on the ground machines (PTC1) start with F.