Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

I just noticed something : one of my kit was a kit with 8 same EFM-HH machines to play chromatically, and the upgrade set some machines to « tonal » without keeping the right note.
I set the machines back to default and then it was the correct value.

Just to let you know :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info.
This is expected – the tonal settings are kept at a place in the machine that’s never been accessed since it’s built – what you’re seeing is just some ancient bytes.

Problem goes away when you toggle it (or save the kit) at least once.

4 Likes

Unbelievable update. Thank you!

… and in addition to that, it’s not really 3 values per semitone. It is kind of acceptable within plus minus one octave, beyond that some notes are very out of tune

I’ve made a tuning table a some years ago.

Edit: this may be a hardware fault afterall, see a few messages below.

I had a feeze happen in a snapshot I’d been playing with for an hour or so. It happened maybe a minute after adding an input machine. All sound stopped, most of the trig LEDs lit up one by one, as did the ones above the jog wheel. Transport controls still worked but there was no sound and entering grid rec didn’t update the LED states. Reloading the snapshot did nothing but a reboot helped.

1 Like

could you list the machines of each track?

2 Likes

1: EFM BD
2: TRX S2
3: GND SW
4: GND PU
5: EFM BD
6: INP GA
7: -
8: TRX CB
9: EFM HH
10 to 15: -
16: CTR AL

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but this will work on a SPS1-UW+, right?

yes

1 Like

Is there a reliable way to reproduce the lockup?
I tried to fiddle around but can’t break it.
Input A hooked up? May affect the gate processing.

Yes I managed to reproduce it. I’ll try to get it on video. Uploading to Youtube now.

1 Like

Crash happens at 1:55. Please pardon my left hand playing and out of focus video. I might add… everything except the Volca here is MD synthesis and even if input machines will never work again I choose this firmware :smiley: it’s fantastic.

2 Likes

Hi JSZ this problem happens with my Machinedrum with older firmware too, I know this noise. I think is not a firmware problem. It seems that you must open your unit and see if there some bad conections inside.

4 Likes

Ok that figures I guess, I had the +Drive installed a few months ago and I haven’t played a lot after that, maybe something came loose. Is it easy to open and check the connectors?

This is such a great update! If you guys are up for suggestions for future updates… maybe slower LFO speeds?

4 Likes

My favourite gets updated! This is so great!

4 Likes

No input machines? What am I missing

really loving the new saw machine in tonal mode. this thing can acid.
one LFO to turn the filter down on each trigger and another LFO doing a slow sweep is yielding great results.

5 Likes

See a few messages before. Also note it may not be the firmware but a hardware fault. Sorry for the confusion.

4 Likes