Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

Sounds awesome! Just to make sure, will this livestream be recorded and be available later?

Maybe… :sweat_smile:
It will be available at least for a month after

2 Likes

Got to catch a train tomorrow so won’t be able to join you at 2AM China Standard Time (GMT+8).
Looking forward to the recording!!

3 Likes

An hour plus into the livestream and it’s been truly awesome! The melodies on the EFM BD and the drone really made the beat NICE. Loved the Elektron anecdotes as well. Thanks a lot @Ess for doing this! And the devs of X.04 - I’m still in awe with what you’ve done here. I literally haven’t tried other machines than GND yet, perfectly enough for making entire tracks with. Gotta go make some music with mine, hope to catch the rest of the stream later.

Feel a bit silly for even asking this and at the same time have no idea about the etiquette regarding something like this tbh, but here goes; as mentioned earlier in this thread I’ve been cobbling together a m4l device to assign the LFO routing and a couple of other things. Now this was pretty much finished but then this amazing firmware update happened. Besides the usual procrastination one of the reasons I’ve been stuck is my inability to make half-decent similes of the new LFO shapes. I’ve dug through everything that’s available on github (I think) but haven’t been able to find the required shapes. Trying to make a mock-up in Inkscape has mostly had me screaming at my computer. Is there any chance of being pointed in the direction of where I could find the LFO shapes in some sort of image form?

1 Like

If there is no straightforward method, why not assign an LFO to level and look at the level of the output signal in a sample editor?

1 Like

take a photo of the screen and turn it into a vector?

1 Like

dipped in and out for this, some mad sounds and atmospheres!
the high speed SID(ish) stuff was really lush, trying that now.

Thanks for the suggestions. Might try scoping the output just for educational and entertainment purposes.
Tried taking pics of the md screens some time ago but had a hard time getting the angle exactly the same each time.

Anyway, had another go at Inkscape after posting and did a bit more rtfming (as I should have to start with but they mostly seemed to come in yt video format and I want text, dammit!) and got all the shapes now plus learned a basic skill :tada:
My brain is stupid.

On the gnd sn if I use the 2nd or 3nd voice and modulate the voices pitch with an lfo Im getting quite a bit of noise but only if the note is low enough. Doesn’t make a difference of I turn the track down.

Hello friends!
Excited to hear about the new X.04 Firmware here.
Installed a few days ago and am really enjoying the new machines with multi-pitch capabilities.

I am wondering if there is a way to globally transpose all pitches within a machine.
Is there a way to shift all 3 pitches together so I can quickly transpose the full chord?

Cheers!

Pretty sure everything is relative to PTCH1, no?

3 Likes

the aching user of the monomachine is very much dreaming of new functions. e.g. trigger probabilities. :))))

Digitakt can do that for ya. The x. 04 doesn’t have trig probabilities for the MD. But there is a way to create random probability inside both tbe MD and MnM with a midi loop trick. I’ve seen it posted here and there.

thanks, but this is not what I want.

1 Like

Looks like it’s possible to download stream video with youtube-dl, which I’m doing at the moment.

Very inspiring!

Can you borrow a Monomachine and play around the same way?

• Take the coords of the 4 corners of the MD screen in your pic, put them in a matrix X={(x0,y0);(x1,y1);(x2,y2);(x3,y3)}.
  • Put the desired coords of the 4 corners of the MD screen into a matrix, ideally Y={(0,0); (127,0); (0,63); (127,63)}
  • Find the transformation matrix by solvingX * T = Y
  • Now, apply the transformation to every coordinate in your picture
  • Boom, you get a 128x64 image that maps to the MD screen! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or alternatively, use something like Microsoft Onenote which does the conversion automatically

3 Likes

:scream_cat:

Thanks for doing that, I really enjoyed. It seemed like after the 1 hour 20 mark that everything you did turned out golden!

There was a bass sound you created that I didn’t realise the MD was capable of. I tried to recreate without joy last night.

But your video motivated me to try using the same machine type to create all the different sounds for a song, and that turned out pretty successful.

I’d love to have more of these streamed events.