Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

I’m in the same boat. No +Drive for my MD at this moment.
Sample management can be tracked here:

With OS1.71, MC can send wav files from the SD card to MD, and will properly handle loop points.

Saving samples to SD is planned.

keep the edited track if one saves a sample recorded with the MD

Not sure if I understand. You mean, when you use the sample manager to copy RAM slot to ROM, it removes something (emm, sequencer data?) ?

3 Likes

great to be able to save and load from an sd card. Thanks.

Any plans for more MD machines?

Request - sample replacement in e12 machines would be fantastic, if its do able.

1 Like

It is still problematic if you use sounds triggered by MD sequencer and external midi at the same time.

3 Likes

Any plans for more MD machines?

I’m doing my homework to get the prerequisites ready. Does anyone know if there’s a good disassembler for Moto 56K DSP out there? If not, I’ll have to write one from scratch (which I’m doing right now, but progress is slow).

sample replacement in e12 machines

In theory this is doable, but it will take some efforts to analyze the internals of e12. Will be easier when we get a better understanding of that.

10 Likes

Are we sure about this bug?

3 Likes

Damn! thanks

Thanks mate, for the response. That all sounds like a lot of hard work, and yet it seems like you are keen though. Appreciate the hard work, effort and ethics put into this project @ vyadli.

One other idea I was thinking of requesting, or for thoughtful consideration, is adding a kinda looper, buffer or pitch to the delay machine. Would be useful for Md heads whom do not have the ram machines.
See this thread from a while back.
Using the delay as a sampler - updates on the trick.

Ultimately, a dream of mine, is being able to mix and match machines parameters (alt hybrids) which overall would be fascinating and adventurous. Being a non coder i have no idea of the work involved and can’t fathom it all.

good on you guys.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I only know that there’s coldfire processor family in IDA Pro as of version 7.2, moreover it has dsp56k, dsp561xx, dsp563xx & dsp566xx too.
Can only speak for IDA’s x86 side - it still does it rather well even in times of Ghidra. Above mentioned architectures I haven’t tried to disassemble.
OTOH Il’fak (its author) is a proven prick.
Drop me a PM if you’re interested in trying IDA.

3 Likes

A great fonction i would like to have on the machinedrum OS would be the possibility to trig the sequencer of the MD each time a trig come in. Step by Step. This way the sequenced machine follows the human trig! A new feature to come in a future relase?
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be incredibly nice. (Plus a reset for forcing step 1)

There are a couple of things that are missing compared to other Elektron gears
-Individual track scale and master scale
-midi cc instead of sysex for fx section
-rom machine with linear time for start and end (making it possible to slice a loop)

More options in multimap like on the Digitone and OT

• midi channel
    -free trig sequence option
    -trig master position : trigger the sequencer to a start position with a note
    -one shot, toggle, loops

6 Likes

The thing I miss more seems quite trivial as compared to other request: the possibility to copy/paste several depressed trigs, including their P-locks (at the moment you can only copy/paste one at a time, unless I’m mistaken)
I have no idea of how difficult it would be to implement technically, though (if possible at all) :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Wow I didn’t get accross that info in the manual. I made a Lemur interface to slice drumloops using start and end position which worked well with RAM machines. I tested on ROM machines and was disappointed by the non linear times.

Yeah RAM machines and ROM-25 -> ROM->48 work in the same way.
It’s easy to miss in the manual.

3 Likes

Hi guys, @JustinValer @v-yadli thanks for the new firmware! Is it usable in non-UW machines? I saw in this thread that you are planning to keep up with the updates, will be a game-changer to solve the phase transient issue, especially for users of the new elektron line machines by using the updated sequencers to control the MD. When the MD is triggered by an external sequencer via midi the transient gets inverted generating phase issues and compromising the usage of the machine in context with other instruments. Please make this possible, it will be a great combo for the digi series users.

@trashbin: Refer #71

2 Likes

Page copy as a workaround?

1 Like