Machinedrum secondhand prices are getting crazy

I’ll agree with the others here. I, also, don’t use the sampling that much.
I have some analog kicks and stuff to warm up its digital sound when needed and some world percussion type stuff to fill in some voids of what its not good at, but there are other solutions for this other than current prices.
That being said, the others are right and you do want at least a mkII. Elektron wont service the mk1 any longer, and you’d be surprised how many of the used devices have a couple wobbly encoders.

They’re great machines, and they haven’t been made in a long time, which leads to high prices. I love mine. I scored one of the first MD’s when they first came out (had to order direct from Elektron to get it shipped to the US).

2 Likes

Yeah, I wish.

I just got one for $950 non-UW. Listed as MKI and was confused when it had 64 steps, not complaining tho…

Kinda like DSI Tempest too, bought mine for $1k and sold it for $1k… prices above retail now.

Paid a kind Elektronaut 950 € for a MD MKII UW a few months back. Elektron added the plus drive for a few hundred more soon afterwards. Miracles happen!

2 Likes

The beauty of sampling on the MD is the sample rate… give it a shot and youll see what i mean :+1:t4:

3 Likes

OG Trinity (switched to OT mk2 for inputs)…
Next to the Avalon for easy access and serious wiggling…

And not just any MD…. :upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Yep can’t go wrong with that combo…that’s what I have and while I haven’t used a UW version, I don’t feel I’m missing too much…the Octatrack is such a joy to sample with. Don’t forget, the non UWs still have audio inputs to run audio through, they just can’t sample and playback that audio. So that can open up some cool possibilities too.

2 Likes

i sold my mkI MD for about $550 2 years ago and now it’s going for $1500 :man_shrugging:

MNM is $2600? insanity

3 Likes

Really want one but at that price tag though…
mk1s are cheaper but I’ve heard the PSU can’t be replaced…
I could even do with 32 steps and I don’t mind not having the UW.

Let’s hope Elektron is working on a new version.
with the Digis, they have the base for even more powerful digital machines.

I’m new to the elektron game and just entered the game with a MD mk2 non UW. I got it with the original box and power supply in mint condition for £1100 including postage in the UK. I also got it as it already had the new unofficial firmware already installed.

I know it’s steep but it’s only going to get worse as these things are never going to be unpopular!

Also btw, I know this isn’t the correct thread but I’m looking to utilise my sp303 with the MD audio inputs, I need help with letting the audio in and using filters etc…

I’m a noob in need of help!

One love MD gang!

3 Likes

Of course you can.
A RAM recorder will set the source, and a RAM playback will play the sample, then you can cut everything but the playback track :slight_smile:

I love resampling on MD, I like the sound of it but also playing with the retrig time and put a filter on top, or just play backwards: you can really get creative with this!
Anyway, nothing you’re missing much with an OT.

Please look for an appropriate thread, being new here isn’t an excuse to circumvent the guidelines of this place.

3 Likes

Similar, sold Mk2UW for about 750 I think 2.5yrs ago and now look. People did say ‘you’ll regret it’ at the time but did I listen… :weary: :tired_face:

4 Likes

Oh okay, my bad. A friend of mine who has had the MD for a long time told me it’s not possible. Thanks for correcting me, it’s nice to hear I was wrong about this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey all,
I have been searching high and low for a Machinedrum MKII UW+ but my heart (and my wallet) just cannot bare the current prices for them. I used to own one back in the day (MD MKI UW) but I sold it in order to buy other drum machines in a search for the perfect drum box but after buying and selling pretty much all the other comparable drum machines, I find that the good old Machinedrum was what I was after the whole time.

So I have been actively looking for one for about 2 months and this search has been nuts. I am literally blown away by some of these prices… I have had a few opportunities to buy one for around $1800 but turned them down because I felt this was just crazy money for a MD MKII UW+, but as it stands, prices are actually going up and its looking like $1800 was a steal…

Mod Edit : Marketplace activity is not allowed in this subforum

These prices won’t be letting up any time soon. 1800 is definitely a steal, I bought one a couple months ago for a little more than that. It was worth the investment though.
You may want to save up just a bit more cash and hope the prices don’t continue to balloon

1 Like

Ok good to know, I’ll have to save my pennies… When I sold my old MD 8 years ago the consensus back then was that it was out dated and the 12bit sample rate was a deal breaker for many people and I remember them selling for VERY cheap, (around $600ish)

It’s amazing how trends change the mindset of people and cause hype over vintage gear. I say this while staring at my once cheap Korg Mono/Poly thats currently in the 3K+ range.

3 Likes

Personally I would buy a new Rytm MK2 over a Machinedrum. Having used both, I prefer the Rytm.

1 Like

$2600???!

Only a few months back I missed this deal only by a few minutes…

1 Like

yeah crazy prices now. I rather have a new instrument for less.