Machinedrum secondhand prices are getting crazy

fwiw, encoder discussion aside… that’s a solid price for what you’re getting. it’s not “future-proofed” (not sure there’s a way to do that) but it’s stabilized for several years to come. it’s a bit pricier than I would otherwise spend for one, but considering there’s Reverb fees for the seller and that these modifications/updates have been done, it’s reasonable.

1 Like

Yeah I’m just trying to decide if UW is worth it or not.

I know the advantages, and the praise UW gets. Just don’t know if I’d use it THAT much? The machine gets wild without it!

yeah it’s like double the price to get UW (a non-UW mk2 sold here yesterday for $1150), so I get it.

I’ve got both an MDUW and an OT and I’m not sure I hear enough difference between them to justify it. but that’s likely down to what I’m doing with them. there IS a difference, but it depends what music you’re making and what samples you’re using to dictate whether that will be noticeable and a prominent part of your sound, or just lost in the mix (my case).

2 Likes

I’d say It’s only worth it if you’re really really going deep into the resampling (ala OT.)

1 Like