Machinedrum Samplebanks

I picked up a minty Machinedrum SPS1UW+ MK2 (what a mouthful) the other day, and I am well and truly in the honeymoon phase. I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out how to create my own sample banks, and to this end, I would like to share a simple one, containing 16 Roland TR-808 samples.

The above link contains the sample bank (called LL808) plus all 16 individual samples in .syx format.

I share this because I need feedback - can you get this to load into your Machinedrum? How does it appear, do the names of each sample show up?

Also I thin my process is long-winded and could do with becoming more efficient. I crafted every sound, converted to mono 16-bit 22050kHz (with MediaHuman File Converter), then converted to .sds format (with Audacity), then manually amended the file extensions to .syx, then transferred via SySex Librarian. Could do with some advice on how to streamline this process, as it took hours. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

These are wonderful! Thanks so much. I couldn’t load them with the filenames but an easy fix inside the MD

1 Like

Glad they’re working for you! Yeah I don’t think the filenames actually transfer over, or if they do I can’t figure out how to get them to, but hopefully they make sense!

Give UWEdit a try, it can load in wav files and save them out with a name and loop points in the format the MD expects.

3 Likes

Yeah no worries. Looking forward to putting them to good use.
Kicking myself as just lost my first decent thing trying to transfer some files?!?!
I have been merrily, greedily filling up my Rom with soundbanks and thought I was getting used to the file saving system.

The track with sounds was still inside the memory kit + samples
I saved the songs in a different file slot as by default slot 1 was getting replaced but when I transferred some old sketched, despite isolating the a song it copied the entire bank.
Oh well nevermind will try and rebuild it somehow.

I’m sorry to hear that. I suspect most lose valuable content at some point. I lost my first project by accidentally overwriting the snapshot of the project I had spent so long working on. Very disappointing. But it was the kick up the ass I needed to pay more attention.

Very cool, thank you!

Yes I absolutely concur with this. Paying more attention is definitely what is needed.

Can I ask is the purpose of snapshots to save the internal kits with samples as they don’t seem to save together? Sorry for my ignorance

mk1 user so never had the luxury 5* +drive experience, so just going from the manual

but my understanding is a snapshot stores a project:
Pattern, kits, mute and global data.

Snapshots/Kits don’t store samples per se, but may contain ROM machines linked to the active ROM bank.

UW ROWs are stored in samplebanks on the +drive and can be loaded independently…

This. I don’t know if it’s the most efficient way of doing things, but I use Snapshots to store everything in a project except the samplebank. So I’ll push a song concept as far as it can go, and when I’m done, save the snapshot and corresponding samplebank separately, making sure they have the same number (SS1 and SB1 for example) and there we go.

1 Like

Thanks for the info> I have since deleted my files again! hoping my 3rd attempt will work.

1 Like