Machinedrum MKI UW buying advice

Hey people, i came to ask you about if is it worth it to buy a MD MKI UW for 525€?

I really like to get crazy noises with the Digitakt, and gritty ones, and I think the machine drum along with DT and DN is a good option. But is it worth it that model? Or could i get that type of sounds with a model:cycles?

I know this model only have 32 step but i can pattern chain two of them. My concern is about pattern chain and Control-all features, and recall. Using that features with two pattern chains can i get strange behaviors, or it would be like a 64 steps machine drum?

Thanks for all people

Machinedrum’s in good condition will either keep their price (more or less) or rise in price.

If you treat your machinedrum well, but don’t want to keep it, you will be able to sell it again - worst case is a minimal loss.

You can do a lot with 32 steps.

And you can always upgrade if a better offer comes along.

Cheers

Thomas

2 Likes

Sounds like a good deal.

You can chain many more patterns if you like. Control-all and reset doesn’t interfere with chains.

1 Like

instant buy, i’ve seen non UW models go for similar prices.

4 Likes

Wow thanks people, i think that i’m going to have a new machine!

One guay sell to me a machinedrum UW mk2 + for 950, but i think MD MKI is a very good deal and I can more than 300€. What would you do if you were in my case?

If you have the cash, get the mk2. Newer and easier to replace PSU. And +drive is handy.

3 Likes

Btw, i have an mk1 uw since many years. I snagged a mk2 uw+ when i could at €850. Mk1 is now my backup.

2 Likes

I think that i’m going for the mki uw, more cheaper and i can pattern chain, if in the future i need more, i can buy the mk2 + uw

I really want to try it!! It seems perfect for me

Go for it then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Been doing so for 19 years now.

2 Likes

Have you felt the necessity to upgrade to the 64 steps machinedrum at some point?
Or it’s ok for you?

1 Like

No. I like the Original Box. The One that started all.

1 Like