Machinedrum Mk2 UW no sound from outputs

Hi folks,

Right on cue for the autechre syx arrival I have had an issue where the MD fails to output any sound at all, but appears to be fully operational otherwise. I tried a factory reset no difference, however, after two days it has now decided to output sound again, which is great, but a worry for the future. I have had this happen once before, but it righted itself after a much shorter time. Anyone hazard a guess what might be the issue here or had any similar issues? I don’t think it’s that double pattern press bug that I have seen mentioned. I love the Machinedrum and it has been rock solid for me up until now.

I got vexed because my MD wasn’t putting out any sound. Then I put my face into my palm as I had all the machines MUTED!!!

Another problem I had was when I routed a sound out from a different output and forgot.

I hope it is something simple like the things above.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I can’t thank you enough!!! I thought I was going crazy and that my MD suddenly died. Thank you Thank you!

You’re welcome :blush:

Machines and wires make for complicated ship to keep at bay. It is all complex so we don’t always think it is something simple.

I think there are plenty of memes about this lol if anyone wants to add humour to this thread then now is the time :wink:

1 Like

Couldn’t find a sufficiently funny meme. But seriously, who would have remembered I muted all machines before turning it off… (having finished recording a live track a week earlier, and that was the ending of it…)

1 Like

Sorry to revive this old thread. But my MD is showing exactly the same problem. I did a factory reset, nothing is muted, and the sound sometimes come back, but suddenly goes away.
Have you managed to fix this problem?