Machinedrum MIDI Sequencing Quirk

Hello fellow Elektronauts!!

I have scoured the web for a solution to my problem and it seems to be quite unique, perhaps even unfixable.

I am using one of the MD’s MIDI machines to sequence my Future Retro 777 (analog monosynth) and am getting some awful effects ONLY when I alter any parameter in the MD’s dedicated LFO window, even when trying to alter the LFO settings from another machine. I am even able to use the MD’s Routing page controls to alter the LFO settings with zero feedback issues.

I have tried to see if I could fix the quirk by messing around in the Global settings but have been unable to come up with any solution even when trying to use unorthodox methods.

The feedback is basically a consistent sustained note, that repeats itself whenever the gate from the MD’s sequencer isn’t triggering the external synth. If I stop the MD’s sequencer, the sustained note keeps playing and I am only able to get it to turn off by shutting down the Future Retro 777 completely. To be clear, the sustained note is coming from the Future Retro 777.

Has anyone else had issues like this when using the MD’s sequencer? I am able to use the Monomachine’s sequencer with the Future Retro 777 and experience zero problems whatsoever.

what’s the MD LFO modulating on the midi track out of interest?

and have you tried turning the Global MIDI channel 1-4 output input off so the MD is sending no midi out aside from the midi channel machine?

1 Like

The MD LFOs are modulating a bunch of parameters on their respective tracks, but tonight I went through the specific MIDI Machine’s LFO and tried a bunch of different routings and settings to no success. Good idea though and it’s good to check another potential cause off!

I have tried turning off the Global MIDI channel (-- setting). That also didn’t work.

At this point, I think that the Future Retro 777 (mono synth I’m trying to sequence externally) is the issue here. I love the sounds that it can make but I consistently have had goofy issues like the one I’m currently facing… oh well.